Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Question abouot fsgenesis for FSX

Guest BOPrey

This package is 9GBytes. It will take a long time to download it even on my 10 mb cable modem. Then I have to split it and burn it onto 2 dvds. How do you guys do it?

>I don't bother burning it-Justin's support is so good and>easy that you can always get it back at any time. I just>downloaded it over a couple of hours-even with a fast>connection.I agree, you just logon go to my downloads and each download I purchased can be redownloaded at any time!! Great service Justin!! I wish all payware was like this!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest d.lahrman

Although speed and storage is not my concern with downloads like this, I do not want to have to do it again soon. With my Belgian ISP, Telenet, that 9GB download took up nearly my whole month's download allotment. I can't wait to get back to the States where it is unlimited (maybe I'll finally get those Chile files). Anyway, another alternative for archiving your purchase is to back it up to an external hard drive. But really, like the others have said, if you don't mind the download, it is always available in your FSG account.

Hello,Or, you could order the DVDs by either checking "Download + DVD" during your original purchase, or by logging into your FSG Store account after your original purchase, returning the applicable product page and looking under Related Products for the after-purchase DVDs.Hope this helps-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest jshyluk

If the product is that big, I would prefer to just go the DVD route and forego downloading. Many of the items I review are small enough to be downloaded at least fairly easily, but some of the stuff I want for myself is just too big. DVD's are usually more expensive than downloading, unless you factor in the cost of your Internet and the time you are worth as you download and back up your files. Well, I don't factor in those costs myself, but it is something to think about, I suppose. Either I budget to pay for the DVD's today, or I wait until the next AVSIM Convention, where the vendors are so kind as to offer their DVD's at reduced prices -- awesome!!!Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

HI Jeff,But oddly enough, about 75% of my orders for these huge products are download-only, so there are lots out there who prefer the instant gratification of getting at it right-away, as opposed to waiting three or four days for DVDs to arrive in teh mail.To each his own, I say. Which is why I offer both options.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest jshyluk

For sure! I am only speaking for myself, and I do come with my own set of old-fashioned ideas. Certainly, the best solution to my mind is to offer both options. Some developers, however, have such a narrow margin of profitability that they refuse to offer DVD's, which I feel is a shame. Still, that's their choice and their business, and like you say, the majority of users seem happy with downloads-only, which is cool. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest BOPrey

Is the fsgenesis download in a single big file or multiple small files?

Guest d.lahrman

FSG Mesh is currently eight files (nine if you count the patch that I just now realized I haven't downloaded yet). I wasn't complaining earlier about having to download the large files. My complaint is towards ISPs that limit, or base prices on, your data transfers. I'm one of those that prefer downloads. I want to use it as soon as I pay for it. Always good to have a choice though.

Downloads where very quick for me.But it might be best to get it on cd. Less work!