Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Kodiak Questions

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When I open the door and it is cold outside, the temperature drops. 

quote from the dev: "the plane was made to initialize at 25oC as there are some limitations in the sim that we are trying to work around. Opening a door will change temperatures, but there is a bug that will not allow them to change if you are still on the ground."

Edited by dresoccer4

Just now, dresoccer4 said:

quote from the dev: "the plane was made to initialize at 25oC as there are some limitations in the sun that we are trying to work around. Opening a door will change temperatures, but there is a bug that will not allow them to change if you are still on the ground."

Frankly , I couldn't care less about the AC-heating system in this aircraft. It flies great, looks good, and that is what is important to me. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When I open the door and it is cold outside, the temperature drops. 

It's strange...I could have sworn I had seen it drop before when opening the doors.  But now it definitely doesn't.  

I agree though...All in all, I don't care too much frankly.  The plane is excellent and I'm sure this will be ironed out soon.

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Frankly , I couldn't care less about the AC-heating system in this aircraft. It flies great, looks good, and that is what is important to me. 

cool, Bob. thanks for letting everyone know you don't care about the topic you're commenting on 😉 ,,, just messin with you 

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

True, but since this is a rather basic plane with not too much to do (not exactly study level) every little thing that DOES work as it should adds to the immersion. For me at least. I do like to set the temps etc. BTW I always set the temps to 22 while on the ground and then turn the device on: it always works. The only thing that does not work yet is the drop of temps on the ground when you open the door: that's all. Everything else works like a charm and is frequently being used by me! The more knobs and switches I can operate, the better! 😉

• Like 1

The temperature does drop with the door open on the ground WITH the engine running,  It dropped to 1F at KPWK right now.  (That is the correct temp outside.)

Hope this helps.

Mike

• Like 1

Mike Ricamato

I noticed today that when starting the Kodiak from cold and dark at the ramp in Indonesia, pilots window open, the temp inside the cockpit was 28C. I turned on the AC, set it to 25C, and  as soon as I did that the temp started dropping, and soon was at 25C.  Not bad for an aircraft AC. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Started in Aniak Alaska this morning, cabin door open, temp  -1C. Took about 4 minutes for front of cabin to reach 25C. Two minutes longer for rear of cabin to reach 25c. Seems perfectly normal.