Sign in to follow this  
MarSchar1

Strange Light Bug

I recently encountered a strange texture bug in P3d V5.3 HF1, it seems that the position of the sun and a brighter area of the sky textures are too far away from each other. This happens not only during sunrise but throughout the whole day. Note that im using EA with 2D Clouds.

https://imgur.com/a/2Tv3Cf5

Best regards

Marco

I encountered this on my last flight from KLAX to EGLL. As the sun rose and I was arriving off the coast of Ireland and the sun rose out of my window to the front and the right but the brightening sky that seemed like it should have been happening either behind the sun or directly in front of it was happening to the front and to the left of my plane.. It was weird and looked utterly wrong. It was much as you show in your pic only on my screen it seemed more pronounced. I too had EA on and was using Active Sky and Active Sky Cloud Art. No idea what caused it though and didn't notice if it was happening earlier in the flight when I took off.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Currently on another flight and it's happening again. Something seems most defintiely wrong.

spacer.png

Edited by Jazz

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Just did a couple tests by setting off from Heathrow before sun up and heading east up to 38000 feet and watched the sunrise. I did this a few times...Without Active Sky, Without ASCA then with etc but could not reproduce the problem. I have no idea what causes it but both times it happened to me has been after long overnight legs heading east using the time compression on the PMDG 747.

It's a weird one for sure and quite the immersion killer I must say. The pictures don't really do it justice. When it happens it looks quite wrong and more obvious than in the pics. As though you have flown to another planet in the night and one which has binary stars.  I would love to get to the bottom of it but I'm not gonna spend hours trying to troubleshoot this. I'll just keep paying attention during my flights and see if I can see any obvious correlations.

I'm also using EA and no volumetric clouds.

I commented on what I think is an exaggerated sunlight effect near the horizon and included screenshots in another post here entitled "The Most Realistic Weather with Active Sky".

I don't know if it's related to what your seeing, but it may be.

Dave 

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

18 hours ago, Jazz said:

Just did a couple tests by setting off from Heathrow before sun up and heading east up to 38000 feet and watched the sunrise. I did this a few times...Without Active Sky, Without ASCA then with etc but could not reproduce the problem. I have no idea what causes it but both times it happened to me has been after long overnight legs heading east using the time compression on the PMDG 747.

It's a weird one for sure and quite the immersion killer I must say. The pictures don't really do it justice. When it happens it looks quite wrong and more obvious than in the pics. As though you have flown to another planet in the night and one which has binary stars.  I would love to get to the bottom of it but I'm not gonna spend hours trying to troubleshoot this. I'll just keep paying attention during my flights and see if I can see any obvious correlations.

The problem only appears when flying the pmdg747. Did a flight with the FSLabsA320 today, this time everything was normal. So it seems that the PMDG747 is the problem. However, im not using time compression. 

6 minutes ago, MarSchar1 said:

The problem only appears when flying the pmdg747. Did a flight with the FSLabsA320 today, this time everything was normal. So it seems that the PMDG747 is the problem. However, im not using time compression. 

Not necessarily. The problem has only appeared when you and I have used it. Doesn't mean it's the cause and it actually strikes me as highly unlikely that it is.

What other programs are you using? Active Sky? Active Sky Cloud Art? etc

Many more questions need to be asked before we can start pointing fingers at one thing and it's why I said I won't be wasting loads of time testing to find out.

Here it is again. This time the sun didn't set and rise. It just got lower in the sky as I head north west. Again the bright area is in an illogical place relative to the sun.

spacer.png

Edited by Jazz

3 minutes ago, Alti said:

that problem is postet in P3D-Forum one Day after Release from 5.3HF1+
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251672#p251672
but no responce from P3D-Team.

Yes, I was going to head over there later to post about it. I still will. Something is very broken here.