Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

How to Remove Trees in MSFS

I originally posted this request in the wrong forum, so I apologise if it is duplicated.

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I fly a lot in the UK, my home country, and so get rather frustrated when I see lots of trees on the hills surrounding my local area, such as the Mendip hills and Dartmoor. Then there are places further afield such as The Lake District, where I would really like to remove some of these trees from the tops of mountains. I found a single video on YouTube that gives a very shallow overview of how to do this, but it seems to assume the viewer has a certain knowledge of working with the scenery designer in MSFS. While I could follow it of sorts I found it of little help. Can anyone help with some info or video that is easy to follow. Thanks guys. 

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Trees in the UK are very frustrating, Peak District has the same issue, the AI is identifying the heather as trees! What's annoying is that accurate tree location data exists with Ordnance Survey and possibly OSM - if someone could find a way to get that data into MFS for the entire of the UK and replace Asobo's trees that would be great, the Earth Simulations Treescapes products already did it for FSX many years ago, they even got hedgerows in.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

https://flightsim.to/file/17656/a-guide-to-msfs-scenery-creation

"Make a shape with a polygon in the relevant area. Select the vegetation option in the polygon's properties. Reduce all of the vegetation numbers to zero."

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

35 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

.... lots of trees on the hills surrounding my local area, such as the Mendip hills and Dartmoor. .

Yes, and trees growing on concrete slipways and piers in the Mersey estuary!

45 minutes ago, turbomax said:

https://flightsim.to/file/17656/a-guide-to-msfs-scenery-creation

"Make a shape with a polygon in the relevant area. Select the vegetation option in the polygon's properties. Reduce all of the vegetation numbers to zero."

Thanks for this, appreciated. I'll download it and see how I get on, cheers. EDIT: Hmm, thgere appears to be an absolute plethora of files and information here. I really don't know where to start to undertake one single process. :sad:

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Thanks for this, appreciated. I'll download it and see how I get on, cheers. EDIT: Hmm, thgere appears to be an absolute plethora of files and information here. I really don't know where to start to undertake one single process. :sad:

Same quandary I'm facing, will eventually learn to paint in Blender/Substance...but where to start.🤔  I know there is a lot of learning material out there...I just need to roll off the 5 paint projects I'm currently on and free up some time for learning. 🤪

Once you get the hang of it though, I'm sure you'll be chopping down trees all over the world. 🙂

Then comes learning the method to upload and share your work.    Hope to see you jump into the freeware dev pool Howard!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yes as I thought, OpenStreetMap has individual trees and hedgerows in the UK, I don't get why Asobo can't use this data to refine the trees in default scenery? This area below is near Throwley Hall

spacer.png

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Maybe Asobo could find a way to have a forest fire add on, that would burn up the trees.   😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

This guy has just done some excellent global tree fixes that I have downloaded.  He updates the file as well and I think he is planning more fixes.

Maybe you could ask him to show you, or he might even do it as a request if you ask him.

https://flightsim.to/file/25439/volcano-tree-fix

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe Asobo could find a way to have a forest fire add on, that would burn up the trees.   😉

No good now.  The new CL-215 add-on has a working water dumping feature and would simply put the fires out.  :unsure:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I guess sooner or later, someone will request that the bushes, should be trimmed once a week.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I really don't know where to start to undertake one single process

be nice to the environment and remember to plant a new tree somewhere else for any tree you have removed!

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

the bushes, should be trimmed once a week.  

but avoid the birds nesting season. it's not as easy as you may think.

very nice.

If you struggle making progress with removing trees, send me a PM with coordinates of one of the areas you want to change. 

Peter

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

If you struggle making progress with removing trees, send me a PM with coordinates of one of the areas you want to change.

can I have all the trees in Siberia removed please? I will send the coordinates via PM, promised.

very nice.