Sign in to follow this  
bbking

Please help! I lost my microsoft login account

I lost my microsoft login account. I decided to remove this account from microsoft login, not knowing that my flightsimulator uses this account...(stupid fool i am) (my e-mail account was hacked) And now msfs2020 is not working anymore. I tried to restore my account but no luck. I also made a new account with another e-mail adres into microsoft store (xbox) but when i startup flightsimulator it comes up with my old microsoft account e-mail adress. Which i removed from microsoft....So in short: new e-mail account in microsoft store, but starting up flightsimulator it shows my old (hacked) e-mail account....I really hope that i have entered sufficient info for restoring my original account from microsoft. But it take at least 24 hours to check if i entered enough information to restore my original account. So for now NO MSFS2020....jeezz

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

I am afraid, your only option is to write to Zendesk (from the new account) with a detailed description of the issue.

Another option would be to ask Jayne Ivana the community manager who you can  contact via the official forum. She certainly will not be able to resolve this but might be able to tell you whom to contact to get this resolved.

Good luck and

kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Michael,

I just wrote to Zendesk from my new account with detailed description. Now waiting for an answer... fingers crossed.

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am afraid, your only option is to write to Zendesk (from the new account) with a detailed description of the issue.

Another option would be to ask Jayne Ivana the community manager who you can  contact via the official forum. She certainly will not be able to resolve this but might be able to tell you whom to contact to get this resolved.

Good luck and

kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

Do you know where i can find my serial number from MSFS2020 store version? I had no luck restoring my account from microsoft even with my credit card info..So now i have reported to zendesk and to Jayne Ivana. I hope they van change my old email account into the new one. If not then i must uninstall MSFS2020. In microsoft store login with my new (existing) account. Then purchase MSFS2020 Luxe version again. So in the end i have 2x MSFS2020 one under my old deleted account and one new....pffff.

I don't own the MS Store version but the Steam version. Perhaps someone else can jump in here?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

This is the one thing I really hate about the MS Store. There are no receipts of anything you purchase there by email, so you can keep a folder with dates, license numbers, etc, in case something goes wrong, and you have to prove you purchased it. You are most likely going to have to wait until MS straightens your problem out. This is why I have ceased buying anything from the store. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

50 minutes ago, bbking said:

Hi Michael,

Do you know where i can find my serial number from MSFS2020 store version? I had no luck restoring my account from microsoft even with my credit card info..So now i have reported to zendesk and to Jayne Ivana. I hope they van change my old email account into the new one. If not then i must uninstall MSFS2020. In microsoft store login with my new (existing) account. Then purchase MSFS2020 Luxe version again. So in the end i have 2x MSFS2020 one under my old deleted account and one new....pffff.

I would be careful before buying a new one. The MS system seems a bit unpredictable. There is slight chance that the new version does not start either because the old issue was not set right.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I would be careful before buying a new one. The MS system seems a bit unpredictable. There is slight chance that the new version does not start either because the old issue was not set right.

Absolutely agree. I had the MS Store version initially which did not install properly. I was in hope to recitfy the situation by taking advantage of the DVD version which I merely bought as a collector's item. This turned out to make things even worse as I had two versions sitting in the Store with neither installing. (To be honest, I finally got a refund after some nagging.)

I only got rid of all the junk by buying the Steam version. No installation issues since.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Hi BB... I wouldn't worry too much about the old MS email account. Microsoft will not remove it, but you can link your new email addy to that old one somewhere on the MS support website. I cancelled out my old email address, but found it was still perfectly valid in all of MS's services.  It's been a few years since I had to do this (because of a residence and therefore a new internet provider), so you might have to go through a few hoops, but if you can still sign in to MS using that old address and password - you should be able to do that - you can easily link the new address to to the old one yourself.  

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That is a good tip Michael, I just sent an e-mail to microsoft account team, but if they refuse to restore my account and the answer from zendesk is insufficient then i will purchase the steam version. @Bobsk8 i will also lose my purchases from Marketplace as well.....pffffff. This will cost me an arm and a leg i am afraid.

4 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Hi BB... I wouldn't worry too much about the old MS email account. Microsoft will not remove it, but you can link your new email addy to that old one somewhere on the MS support website. I cancelled out my old email address, but found it was still perfectly valid in all of MS's services.  It's been a few years since I had to do this (because of a residence and therefore a new internet provider), so you might have to go through a few hoops, but if you can still login to MS using that old address and password - you should be able to do that - you can easily link the new address to to the old one yourself.  

Hi Paul, i wish i could login with my account and pasword but no luck. As i stated i accidently deleted my account from microsoft because i thought the hacker also hacked my microsoft account, but then i realized that i was using a totally different pasword not the pasword that was hacked. But again i wrote an e-mail to the account team with more information than through the automated recovery proces for restoring my e-mail account. I now have to wait for a reply.

Thx for your help!!

Kind regards, Bouwe

What about the "I forgot my password" feature  ? This is an everyday occurrence in the internet world: all you do is provide the new email address, and they send you a code to enable access to your account - then you can change whatever the existing password had been - to a new password. This should be no problem whatsoever.

Here is the MS login screen:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AueVg7eVAeXMlTuAnRRUJyLFcAjC?e=7tApvD 

just follow it.

regards, pj

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul, the link is for onedrive. I don't have a onedrive account yet. To clarify: I accidently deleted my e-mail account adres from microsoft. I know my password for microsoft login and store login, but because that specific e-mail account (not the password) is no longer valid in the microsoft database. I have to follow this link: https://account.live.com/acsr

But when i filled everything in and submit the still need more info from me to restore my account, so therefore i responded their e-mail with additional information to prove that i am the authorized user. I hope they will now activate my old e-mail account. No need for password reset i know my password. I have a secured word document with all my logins and passwords also for microsoft store (xbox) login. I will see tomorrow mornignif they respond to my rquest. Fingers crossed.

Greetz, Bouwe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

This is the one thing I really hate about the MS Store. There are no receipts of anything you purchase there by email, so you can keep a folder with dates, license numbers, etc, in case something goes wrong, and you have to prove you purchased it. You are most likely going to have to wait until MS straightens your problem out. This is why I have ceased buying anything from the store.

I'm confused here. I have an email receipt from the Microsoft store, another from PayPal, and can access a digital receipt/order support through my Microsoft account online...

Edited by MrNuke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrNuke said:

I'm confused here. I have an email receipt from the Microsoft store, another from PayPal, and can access a digital receipt/order support through my Microsoft account online...

All the store shows you is a transaction of how much you spent, an order number which is meaningless and " Microsoft Flight Simulator - 120 FlightSim Credits" for each purchase. Doesn't not say what you purchased, an aircraft, scenery, a tape of Bill Gates smiling, nothing. 

I am used to seeing something like   Puchased, XXX aircraft, $49, etc   So you can look back and see what and when you purchased each and every item from the store, in other words an itemized receipt. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310