Sign in to follow this  
Guest Irishman

Any AI Traffic add-ons compatible with Vista?

Guest Irishman

Does anyone know of any traffic add-ons that are Vista compatible? I have looked at the array of products (Mytraffic X, Traffic 2005, etc) and none appear to be Vista compatible. Are there any that are? If not, has anyone gotten any of these add-ons to work with Vista anyway through their own efforts? I would really like to improve to more realistic AI, but it doesn't look like I have any options. Thanks!

Guest d.lahrman

I have no problems with MyTrafficX.

I can't see how Vista would have any effect on AI traffic.If the traffic add-on works in XP, it ought to work in Vista.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It is slightly possible that an addon installer, or some process file might not work under Vista. But I would not expect any recent XP compatabile application to have an issue with Vista.But AI traffic is models and flight plans being processed by the Flight Simulator application.That said - I'm not completely sure about AirNav Live.The only notes I see in the web sites for the three major addons concerns the user rights issues people can have with default Vista settings.Now there is a very distinct difference between 'works perfectly on Vista' and 'Windows Vista Logo Certified'Very few FS addons are submitted to the testing process necessary to be able to put Windows Vista Certified with the Vista Logo on a product box or page.Heck, almost not are Windows XP Logo Certified.That doesn't mean they don't work perfectly.

Guest abulaafia

High-quality, frame rate friendly, Vista-compatible :-) and free: www.world-of-ai.com. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 3.3MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"author of the bloody beginner's guide to realistic flight simulation: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=bbgrfs.zip

Guest jshyluk

Aaargh! You're killing me with these questions! I was just this close --> <-- to filing my AVSIM review of Air Nav Live Traffic X, when I read your question. Truth be told, it's a very good question, and since I don't run Vista, I have no idea what the answer is. What I can do is ask AirNav Systems and see what they say. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

The only reason I mentioned them separately is I don't know how their product communicates with their server or if it 'likes' or 'does not like' Internet Explorer 7 which is part of Vista.I sincerely doubt it has any issues with Vista, but it never hurts to ask.

Guest jshyluk

I should have put a smiley emoticon in my previous post: I sound kind of angry. Well, I am kicking myself for not finding out about Live Traffic and Vista sooner, it's an obvious question that I missed. I am glad someone thought of it, though, even if it wasn't me!I certainly do not mind answering questions on the AVSIM forum, at least if I know the answer or I know where I can get it.In any case, AirNav Systems was extremely quick to answer the question for us. I took longer to reply because there's hockey on television. Here is the official quote from AirNav systems:"It runs fine with Vista, you just need to find the FSX.cfg to change in the maze of Vista and also you need to run Live Traffic by right clicking and selecting run with Admin mode." I hope this helps!Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest Irishman

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I have played with world-of-ai, but I will probably scrap it unless I can get GA aircraft to work as well. I am leaning towards MyTrafficX as an alternative.

Guest Irishman

I found your files while surfing around for a fix on this issue. THANK YOU!!! Now I have exactly what I want. I am running with world-of-ai and Project AI simultaneously and using AI Smooth to keep from having those 747s buzzing me on final. I love the depth of work people do in the FS community.