Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Revised; beta to go live Jan 6th

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Everything working on my end. I was not on beta, so maybe that is why no problems. I wish all their updates were this easy. 

I was on the beta too, but updated without any problem. Now flying as usual😊.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had some many people that acted like if I didn't get the beta, I was making a big mistake... Glad I didn't......

Ok fair comment… but it turns out I’m not one of the unlucky ones. When I got to the update screen all I did was point the installer to my actual directory on Drive E: in my case, and it then just installed a small update and all good. 
lucky I didn’t just blindly reinstall and took a deep breath instead. 

A warning to those who get to the update screen and see a full reinstall screen pointing to the default drive C: directory- unless of course you actually did have it installed in the default location….

whew!

• Upvote 1

Not any pain other than clicking a few boxes, full installation downloaded, and flying.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

If you are using the ROLLING CACHE... recheck it... mine ended up in the default folder location at 8GB, instead of the folder I created on another SSD at 64GB... just deleted the ROLLING CACHE, and recreated it on my custom location... also if you have modified your CONTENT.XML" file in anyway, those modifications will be lost...

Edited by Gadget FPV

Faisal Niazi

9 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Ok fair comment… but it turns out I’m not one of the unlucky ones. When I got to the update screen all I did was point the installer to my actual directory on Drive E: in my case, and it then just installed a small update and all good. 
lucky I didn’t just blindly reinstall and took a deep breath instead. 

A warning to those who get to the update screen and see a full reinstall screen pointing to the default drive 😄 directory- unless of course you actually did have it installed in the default location….

whew!

On the other hand, all my saved flight plans have now disappeared 😞 They were on the 😄 drive (default location for .pln files I think)

The installer will NOT reinstall the whole game. If your game is in a different location simply point the installer to that location and you'll get the 500kb update that beta users get. Simple. Easy. 

I know this wasn't listed in the release notes. But is there now a greater number and diversity of autogen buildings?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

I must be one of the unlucky ones, after being on the Beta, plus standard installation on main drive, i am re-installing the sim again after it failed due to the update. Ah well, half way through already, should be finished in another 30mins or so.

Hence why I didn’t install the beta. Looks like the concern wasn’t without substance. 

I noticed my flight model settings were reset to “easy”. Don’t forget to check all your settings.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I am confused: I installed the Store update, started MSFS it installed a 713MB Update. Then I got CTD when loading an airport. I emptied my Community Folder and restarted the sim. Now I get another 550MB Update, but it won't install. It says 0B/0B.

msfsq3k1u.jpg

1 hour ago, pmb said:

How is this possible if the released update is said to be identical to the hotfix?

Kind regards, Michael

Is working here 😎

André

Haven’t read the whole thing but from looking at official forum I just need to exit the beta via steam then launch the sim - job done?  At work right now.

Thomas Derbyshire

Wow, I was on the beta and now 109 Gb extra?

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had some many people that acted like if I didn't get the beta, I was making a big mistake... Glad I didn't......

MSStore/Xbox app are where the issues are.  The Steam version was one click to select the Beta.  Yesterday it was one click on 'none'.  The update today was 500K and it run as normal.  So glad I changed to the Steam version after SU5.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, phmcr said:

Wow, I was on the beta and now 109 Gb extra?

Nope you have to point the installer to your custom location, if you don't have a custom install location yeah then 🤢

André