Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Revised; beta to go live Jan 6th

I logged out as a Steam Beta user earlier today and the update went great without the need to install anything from the content manager.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Thanks, you saved me from worse......

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

50 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

Hence why I didn’t install the beta. Looks like the concern wasn’t without substance. 

As i stated already, no real loss, just over the hour for a new complete installation. Everything back up, and moved with addon linker.And had the joy of my sim working fine for the past month

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

i have  a question for you all. i removed myself from the beta on the xbox insider app. i then opened the sim in the xbox app and the update installed flawlessly and now im flying. everything worked great!  my question is this: do i need to now rejoin the beta in the xbox insider app? or was that what the update i just installed did to my sim? thanks!

2 minutes ago, kazeekayo said:

i have  a question for you all. i removed myself from the beta on the xbox insider app. i then opened the sim in the xbox app and the update installed flawlessly and now im flying. everything worked great!  my question is this: do i need to now rejoin the beta in the xbox insider app? or was that what the update i just installed did to my sim? thanks!

No, the beta has finished. You now have the release version.

30 minutes ago, awf said:

Nope you have to point the installer to your custom location, if you don't have a custom install location yeah then 🤢

I made this blunder. I thought my install was bugged or something so I deleted the entire thing lol. 

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

12 minutes ago, Gadget FPV said:

Anyone lose all their camera setting/configs?

No, but I don't doubt your one of many. It was like the issues with Assistance options changing and even in between flights.

At least they're finally beta testing before release.

Hope you get a fix soon

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

20 minutes ago, Gadget FPV said:

Anyone lose all their camera setting/configs?

Yep sure did! I set the user.cfg to read only to keep my settings...PITA

UPS123.png

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

once you have installed today's patch successfully and everything is working as expected, let's not forget to FORMAT drive C and re-install Windows or was it the other way around? I can see this forum getting flooded with the usual stories anytime soon.  😊

I have always thought of writing this (your above post) here in the forums in the past - but I never have - thinking it would not be understood as humour!

Edited by mfahey
  • Like 1

I would highly recommend also, pulling the config.sys wire.  It is any of the available red wires inside the case, just give it a hard pull.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

MSStore/Xbox app are where the issues are.  The Steam version was one click to select the Beta.  Yesterday it was one click on 'none'.  The update today was 500K and it run as normal.  So glad I changed to the Steam version after SU5.

I never have payed twice for the same Flight Sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I never have payed twice for the same Flight Sim. 

Then keep fighting these updates!

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

As i stated already, no real loss, just over the hour for a new complete installation. Everything back up, and moved with addon linker.And had the joy of my sim working fine for the past month

Couldn't have said it better. I will gladly trade the last few weeks of using a perfectly working program for the loss of 1.5 hours of reinstalling it.

You gotta love 1gig internet.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

1 minute ago, Adrian123 said:

Then keep fighting these updates!

Last four updates went smooth as silk, if you don't count the bugs they contained. This one looks like the best of the bunch. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310