Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

Tobii Eyetracker 5

On 1/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, G-RFRY said:

Zoom works with the mouse centre scroll wheel, I tend to fly in the cockpit not outside, only when testing scenery and airports do I use spot view.

Do you have to recenter it regularly like you need it with TrackIR?

Thanks!

I ordered and received the eyetracker version 5 and it works pretty well.  Good speed and responsiveness.  Have not completely tweaked it yet to find my favorite settings.  It does not seem to be compatible with Chaseplane, though.   I have to exit Chaseplane to get it to work.  Why do you need Chaseplane if you have this?  Might want to have a different view or external view, I guess.  I will continue to tweak and see if I can figure it out.  It may be a one or the other thing, though.  Anyone have the same experience?

Jeff Callender  

Jeff Callender

I am very tempting buying it. Have 2 questions: 

• What can I see the Tobii Eye Tracker should be mounted on the monitor stand/arm. Is there any way to mount it when my monitor is mounted on the wall?
  • Zoom in/out feature. If they somehow implement this in the future - will it be rather software thingy to implement or it will be rather introduce it in the Eye Tracker 6? 

Arek

14 hours ago, ark4diusz said:

I am very tempting buying it. Have 2 questions: 

• What can I see the Tobii Eye Tracker should be mounted on the monitor stand/arm. Is there any way to mount it when my monitor is mounted on the wall?
  • Zoom in/out feature. If they somehow implement this in the future - will it be rather software thingy to implement or it will be rather introduce it in the Eye Tracker 6? 

Arek

You mount the eyetracker on the bottom of the monitor bezel itself, not the stand.  I assume your monitor is a normal (18 inches or so?) from your face.  You need a depth of about an inch.  You then tilt the tobii bracket to be at 0 degrees incidence - "level".  I don't have the zoom going yet in P3D.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

On 1/11/2022 at 12:44 PM, Dirk98 said:

Do you have to recenter it regularly like you need it with TrackIR?

Thanks!

No and contrary to what Tobii say users with curved wide screen monitors have no problem.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg