Sign in to follow this  
BoHappy

Comments or Reviews of SeriesX from simflyer.net

hidoes anyone have any experience or comments about SeriesX naviation stack for FSX from simflyer/PCAviation groupthey look similar to RealityXP - which does not offer products for FSXthey also dont have a user forum (and no reviews about them)so constructive opinions would be appreciatedBo

Bo Klop

Looks interesting at a first glance, but this promoshot immediately made me decide NOT to buy it. Bad promoshot...:http://i16.tinypic.com/4ueqy5t.jpgWhy? Because the radiostack is FLAT. Flat means 'cheap' and 'not enough time put it in to make it real'. As a Track IR 4 user I want everything in 3D... So, thanks Simflyers, for showing that honest shot. ;) (AFAIK Caranedo airplanes have flat panels too in the VC, only they do their best NOT to show it in screenshots...).Also this information makes me feel this software is geared towards not so hardcore simmers:"Our unique "Panel Friendly Icons" gives you a quick and easy way to setup and access the avionics in any FS9 or FSX aircraft. These icons are small enough to stay out of the way yet large enough to use easily."I don't want a quick and easy way. I want it the-Reality-XP-realistic-and-hard-way. ;)

Uh just curious how exactly an addon gauge set is supposed to be full 3D in the VC? That requires changing the aircraft's model, the 3D geometry isn't in the gauge itself.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm not sure what your eyes are seeing but the panel looks just fine to me. I have the Reality XP and I can't see any difference in the screenshot shown and any screenshot I've seen from Reality. Oh...I use Track IR as well. Craig

>Looks interesting at a first glance, but this promoshot>immediately made me decide NOT to buy it. Bad promoshot...:>Why? Because the radiostack is FLAT. Flat means 'cheap' and>'not enough time put it in to make it real'. As a Track IR 4>user I want everything in 3D... So, thanks Simflyers, for>showing that honest shot. ;) (AFAIK Caranedo airplanes have>flat panels too in the VC, only they do their best NOT to show>it in screenshots...).For your information, ALL gauges are two-dimensional! Bitmap images are FLAT...Not even "Oprah" has discovered a way to have 3d images in her magazine... :-lol Anything you see in "3d" in a model is created BY the model, not by the gauge. :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ummm, the RXP Gauge bmps are just as flat as the Simflyer Gauge bmps.There are no 3D gauge bmps...:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

LOL Did I make a fool of myself. ;) I haven't used the Reality XP gauges (in the DF A36) ever since I switched to FS X. And I've never used the Track IR with them. In my memory those gauges were perfect: seems my definition of 'perfect' has changed ever since I got FS X and Track IR... ;) Which means that I might also pass on Reality XP gauges and stick with planes that are truly 3D, like the default FS X ones: I like the Cessna 172 a lot. Which is 3D all over. ;)

well this is all nice and dandybut no one really answered my questionit would be nice for people that have the product to make some comments!!!Bo

Bo Klop

I have some and they are great!:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Same here, good gauges, but unlike RXPs they still use FS's default GPS graphics in the display. Less functions as well but they look and work more like the real GNS if you compare to the default one.

thanks Ron and Dirki think i will wait until realityxp for fsx comes outBo

Bo Klop

You may be waiting for a looonnnngggg time for RealityXP to come out with FSX versions of there avionics, if ever.I have the Simflyer GNS-SX and am having problems with the pop up view, 2D view and VC view all being tied together for the GNS 530 and 430. I can have a different page showing for each view and can't seem to get them all to show the same thing.In addition, I can't seem to get their support e-mail to work...and yes I am putting the order # in.Any suggestions?Mike

Actually, you may not wait as long as you may think. Jean-luc as you most likely know already is involved in the AirlinerXP project. I saw a post recently on the forums there that mentioned good progress on getting gauges to work with FSX. This should mean that he may be over that bump, thus a promising future that Reality XP avionics will work in FSX.

Came across this thread after doing a search for Simflyers hoping to find out how their Garmins compare with those from RXP as I am starting to despair that we will never see RXP Garmins in FSX - last update from the developers on progress is dated April 2007. After a steep learning curve I have grown accustomed to using dual RXP 430/530 Garmins on most of my FS9 GA aircraft and when and if I ever get FSX I would want a GNS with very similar functionality. So what are the differences bewteen the Simflyer and RXP Garmins as this question was only partially answered in previous posts on this thread?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest JeanLuc_

Last news in fact comes from December where GNS32 was hinted for FS9 and FSX.Hope this helps!