Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Anyone get the TM Boeing TCA Yoke yet?

From the looks of things, Thrustmasters big Dec 23 release of the Boeing TCA Yoke pack and Throttle Quadrant has turned into a bust. From what I have seen online the majority of preorder vendors didn't even receive inventory. January ship dates are being pushed back to February and only a few small vendors even received products to sale. The TM Europe store is the only location to actually have both the Yoke and TQ. So much for all the announcement hype at Expo about having product on hand for release day.  So has anyone actually gotten there hands on one beside reviewers?  I'm interested in feedback from someone besides those who were given free yokes to review. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yes I got mine from thrustmaster on their U.K. website, although UPS couldn’t be bothered to get it to me on release date, but TM did their bit.

As I’ve mentioned in the thread lower down I’ll post some thoughts  once I get some down time, which isn’t very forthcoming at the moment .
I’m a long time heavy jet simmer  , and also a captain on the real 787 when not simming ,so will hopefully be able to offer a reasonable perspective on it not available from the YouTube guys.

But to give you a quick condensed summary on my initial thoughts  now to save you waiting…

Completely the wrong product for GA and light aircraft flying,(that’s obvious some would say)

However if you want something for flying the heavies, and  in particular the 787, then yes I’ve been extremely surprised at just how good this yoke and throttle unit are, I honestly wasn’t expecting it to be anywhere near as good as it is.

In short if you fly heavy jets and can get your hands on one then I’d recommend you do.

• Like 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Thanks for the feedback Jon. Much appreciated. Looking forward to trying it out myself. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I ordered a set on Nov 9th during the pre-sale...  Stated Dec 23rd the entire time..

On Dec 21st I saw the EB Game put a pending on my CC and then when I went to check order status around the 28th of Dec the new "release" date was no longer Dec 23rd and was now set as January 31 ...  They also still have yet to even send me an email regarding the "change" ...

Les O'Reilly

I went on Microcenter’s website. They showed in stock for shippable items yesterday. Got an email that it shipped today and will be here Friday. 

I canceled my Dell order for it today. Their ship date changed twice and it’s into February. I still have my Amazon order that’s showing to arrive between Jan 19th-25th now. Should I keep the order and sell it or just cancel it? If I keep the order to sell. It would be for my expenses and product only. Price of yoke, freight to me. Tax I paid and freight to who buys it. 

20 hours ago, Camsdad13 said:

I went on Microcenter’s website. They showed in stock for shippable items yesterday. Got an email that it shipped today and will be here Friday. 

I canceled my Dell order for it today. Their ship date changed twice and it’s into February. I still have my Amazon order that’s showing to arrive between Jan 19th-25th now. Should I keep the order and sell it or just cancel it? If I keep the order to sell. It would be for my expenses and product only. Price of yoke, freight to me. Tax I paid and freight to who buys it. 

Congrats on finding one. I also noticed that Microcenter had a few in stock in stores and online shipping. My Amazon dates keeps moving further out. I've had mine change from Jan 7 to Jan 12 to Jan 21. Even the MyPilotStore who received first shipments has been moving the backorder date every week. And let's not talk about the nonexistent Throttle Quadrant. This release has been awful and no word from Thrustmaster. Congrats again on getting one. Hope it's worth the headache of getting one. As far as keeping you other order to resale. Not sure how easy it would be to sale right now as the community is waiting for more feedback from regular users to get a feel for the yokes. I think once they become more popular then resale won't be too difficult.

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Crazy how you can order from Dell or Amazon months ago with a promised ship date. Then their ship dates are pushed out a month or two later. Micro center who is a small retailer in the scope of Dell and Amazon has product. Ordered Monday Shipped Tuesday and is sitting in the FDX Ground DC an hour from my home this minute for tomorrow delivery. Great job Micro Center. 

I have a second quadrant that is ordered through New Egg in Nov.  They said in stock but that order still (preparing). No communication from New Egg when it will even ship now. 

• Like 1

Just an update, Amazon US is finally shipping my preorder yoke pack from their facility in Reno, NV and it will arrive next week via USPS. The Thrustmaster US eShop now has Yoke Pack available for shipping if anyone is looking for one. What a pain to get one. Still no word on the Throttle Quadrants. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

9 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Just an update, Amazon US is finally shipping my preorder yoke pack from their facility in Reno, NV and it will arrive next week via USPS. The Thrustmaster US eShop now has Yoke Pack available for shipping if anyone is looking for one. What a pain to get one. Still no word on the Throttle Quadrants. 

Our Amazon orders shipped out of the same location and same time it looks like. New Egg hasn’t shipped the quadrant yet. I’m opening up the yoke and throttle from Microcenter as we speak. 

Edited by Camsdad13

3 hours ago, Camsdad13 said:

Our Amazon orders shipped out of the same location and same time it looks like. New Egg hasn’t shipped the quadrant yet. I’m opening up the yoke and throttle from Microcenter as we speak. 

Give us an initial review when you get a chance.

Dan

I just got mine and am setting up. First hurdle I have is that since the joke sits lower on the desk it is literally bumping into my junk. So tomorrow I will have to find a new desk. I am also concerned that my keyboard won't stay on top of it like it used to on the steady box of the Logitech / Saitek yoke. So many compromises will have to be made to make this work.  Thats with out adding that I am not further from my mouse and the throttles I almost have to lean forward to reach. 

I haven't flown it yet but initially I am going to say I am wondering if I made the right decision. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Mine will arrive today. Not sure if I'm going to open it just yet. From what I have seen so far, the yoke pushes you around 9.5 inches from the edge of the desk. The bottom of the yoke sits at 6 inches below the top of your desk. If I do decided to open mine I'm looking at mounting mine under my desk. Fortunately I use an Ikea Jerker Desk which allows me to raise and lower my desk. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Mine will arrive today. Not sure if I'm going to open it just yet. From what I have seen so far, the yoke pushes you around 9.5 inches from the edge of the desk. The bottom of the yoke sits at 6 inches below the top of your desk. If I do decided to open mine I'm looking at mounting mine under my desk. Fortunately I use an Ikea Jerker Desk which allows me to raise and lower my desk. 

I’m going to have to go to Ikea. And see these. I’m now in the market for a new desk. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I have my yoke installed and I'm fine tuning the controls. I didn't have to raise or lower my desk and the yoke sits just right. 

https://imgur.com/a/VS9hnYT

Dan