Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Update Available

I hope this update doesnt screw up my settings.  Nothing makes me more irritated than set up a flight after an update and to find out that I have to "fix" my settings for my sim!  My ex wife didn't irritate me as much.

Gnacino

• Like 5

So... for us steam users, do we have to uncheck the 'beta' toggle in the steam start up and then launch MSFS?  Or is this a beta update.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Just now, Mike S KPDX said:

So... for us steam users, do we have to uncheck the 'beta' toggle in the steam start up and then launch MSFS? 

Yes, the only change will be the game name in the Steam library. Everything else is the same.

No update in Steam, nor in the sim.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I am once again into the %^&&*&*T^&  word not allowed update look where it sends me to the Microsoft Store where no updates appear and I am only presented with a large matrix of available games!

#%$^&^$#%$

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I am once again into the %^&&*&*T^&  word not allowed update look where it sends me to the Microsoft Store where no updates appear and I am only presented with a large matrix of available games!

#%$^&^$#%$

You need to go to XBOX and update there.

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

500.4 Mb on Microsoft Store. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

18 minutes ago, fppilot said:

#%$^&^$#%$

FP, same vicious circle here but I figured it out.

Click on the update message shown on the sim and it will take you to your account page.

On the bottom left of the page, click on Library.

this will take you to the page where you can see the big green update icon.

Click on that and it will download and install the update.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

I got the 500MB download from the MS store ok. But then after starting the sim and it checked for updates, I've been asked to "Please wait" for almost an hour. I wonder how long I should wait before restarting the sim?

Al

EDIT: I finally shut down the sim and then went back into the XBOX app and restarted the sim from there this time, and 8.18GB was quickly updated. Took about 15 min or so and the sim was up and running.

Bottom line -- do everything from within the XBOX app!

Al

Edited by ark

11 minutes ago, Scimiter said:

You need to go to XBOX and update there.

Xbox app -> My Collection -> Manage Installs 

22 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Edited by DylanM

i am stucked at mandatory update screen , and it says me i have to update it from microsoft store, but i have updated it but when i  start the it says me again that there is a mandatory update

Anyone knows how to solve it?

thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motishow said:

i am stucked at mandatory update screen , and it says me i have to update it from microsoft store, but i have updated it but when i  start the it says me again that there is a mandatory update

Anyone knows how to solve it?

thanks

search for flight simulator in XBox app and update there