Sign in to follow this  
RickY

Which do I choose for assigning a joystick button pleas...

Guest cliffie1931

Instead of hitting Shift + 3 to access the GPS I'd like to assign a joystick button for this purpose.Options/Settings/Controls/Buttons Keys yields several GPS choices but I don't know which is the correct one.I'd appreciate guidance.Cliff

Guest Gunner_CAF

You want to look under "Views" Panel window 3 (display/hide). This is opened with the Shift + 3 key, and it opens the GPS window. You can also assign a joystick button to this. Gunner

Guest cliffie1931

Thanks Gunner.My problem is which option I should select in the assignment section in order to assign the GPS to a joystick button.Cliff

Guest RonB49

Hi Cliff,I usually find it easier to use the joystick's button mapper to program these types of functions. Just set the button so that its output is Shift+3, then you don't hve to search for the correct option. R-

Guest cliffie1931

What a good idea!Thanks...............Cliff

Guest cliffie1931

I thought I knew what you meant Ron but no such luck.I tried to set a button on the stick via:OptionsSettingsControlsButtons/KeysNew assignmentsOkay.........but it didn't work when I selected one of the GPS options.Where do we find "the joystick's button mapper" ?Cliff

Guest RonB49

>Where do we find "the joystick's button mapper" ?It will be either a part of the software that came with the joystick or a separate download from the JS manufacturer's Web site. I use a CH yoke and downloaded the Contol Manager software from www.chproducts.comIf you have the payware version of FSUIPC, then I believe you can map the JS buttons there also.R-

>I thought I knew what you meant Ron but no such luck.>>I tried to set a button on the stick via:>Options>Settings>Controls>Buttons/Keys>New assignments>Okay>>.........but it didn't work when I selected one of the GPS>options.>>Where do we find "the joystick's button mapper" ?>>CliffTry one of the "Panel Window ..." options in Settings Controls, Cliff. They appear to correspond to the Panel Windows as defined in the Panel.cfg file. The GPS is often defined as the third window, hence can be activated with SHIFT 3, or you could try to assign a joystick button to "Panel Window 3" to pop up the GPS window. I have not tried this specifically but it looks do-able. If that works, you should be able to extrapolate a button for any popup window or for the GPS if it is called by a different SHIFT key.Hope this helps....Regards,Rick