Sign in to follow this  
dogmanbird

VKB Kosmosima Premium Grip (gunfighter base version)

Hi, can any owners of the Kosmosima grip (using a gunfighter base) please tell me if the area circled in orange is made of metal or of plastic? I'm not sure if there's a difference between the premium and standard versions. I'm about to grab a used one to butcher for parts and I'm hoping it's metal.

Thank you 🙂

image.png

Edited by dogmanbird

On my SCG-L is plastic, but never feel any problem on that then

Just now, dogmanbird said:

Are any of you using it with a gunfighter base?

I am using it with a Gladiator Pro (the mechanics is identical to the Gunfighter, except for the lack of the dampers). Works fine.

Thank you. 

I had a response back from VKB saying it's a metal part, but I'm very doubtful that's correct looking at teardown videos, unless the part has been updated in newer versions. 

1 hour ago, dogmanbird said:

I had a response back from VKB saying it's a metal part, but I'm very doubtful that's correct looking at teardown videos, unless the part has been updated in newer versions. 

Never heard about the Kosmosima twist module updates (maybe I've missed the news...). Mine is one year old and it's plastic for sure.