Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A320 stutter

The FBW 320 (developer version) is the ONLY plane I fly that gives me a severe stutter, almost a mini pause, every 20 to 25 seconds. No matter where I am flying and what the settings are. I have an official G-Sync monitor (1440p) and all flights in all other planes are 100% smooth all the way. (Yes, I am extremely happy with my new PC and the G-Sync monitor!!!) This severe stutter in the FWB is quite immersion killing (to me anyway). Since I only have this with this plane I wonder what might be causing this... Maybe there is a FBW=specific setting I could change to get rid of it? It can't be MSFS itself since all my other flights are perfect. I also can't imagine it's because the FBW is more heavy on the system because in that case the stutters should occur more often. Yes, around extremely big cities performance drops a bit in the FWB indeed but that's logical. But a stutter every 20 to 25 seconds above a desert at FL360... That seems to be a problem with the FWB itself imho.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Maybe this is something the devs will have to fix?

I'm on the experimental version which is supposed to be more fps friendly.. but then again, i lock my FPS @ 30 and i do have a high spec rig (3090, i9-10900K).. 

I dont have any periodic stutters but i do find it laggy when i switch to wing views and back esp when around heavy scenery.. I wish we had a way to disable camera transitions to avoid these unpleasant lags when switching views..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Nope. something wrong there. My system specs below. The only place i see a slight drop is on App to the likes of JFK or occasionally EGLL. Keep in mind the FBW A320NX is a bit harder on your system, so will show any weakness.

FPS also locked at 30

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, vin747 said:

I'm on the experimental version which is supposed to be more fps friendly..

Unfortunately for me the experimental version has a big negative impact on fps as soon as I import a flight plan from Simbrief. (Even if I enter the FP manually, the hit on fps is huge). The development version works like a charm for me, hardly any stutters if any. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

11 minutes ago, hvw said:

Unfortunately for me the experimental version has a big negative impact on fps as soon as I import a flight plan from Simbrief. (Even if I enter the FP manually, the hit on fps is huge). The development version works like a charm for me, hardly any stutters if any. 

The experimental version includes the FBW custom TCAS. I too think this may well have an adverse effect on performance. EDIT I've also found that the TCAS does not pick up every plane in the sky when using AIG. Only certain ones register on the system.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

have an adverse effect on performance

not here, smooth flying

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

not here, smooth flying

Yes. Nothing major.

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The experimental version includes the FBW custom TCAS. I too think this may well have an adverse effect on performance.

I reported this at their Discord and it is going to be looked into. Weird thing is, that this performance degradation only happens when I load a Simbrief flight plan (I don't use FS2020's FPs) or manually enter a flight plan You might be right that the TCAS addition has got something to do with this. In the past changing from a dev version to an exp version never had such a big negative impact here. . 

The OP should rest assured that indeed the dev version should run almost flawlessly, perhaps he should tweak some of his graphic settings and try again. (Some advise, uh? Sorry I cannot be more specific for him).

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

After I turned Vsync to off in the graphic options, after that all went smoothly in the experimental version. The OP may try to switch his VSync to ON or Off as well and see if that helps him.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I've also found that the TCAS does not pick up every plane in the sky when using AIG. Only certain ones register on the system.

The FBW folks have said that the TCAS can not show any AI that is injected into the sim in mid flight (which is what AIGTC does). AI that starts at a gate, taxies and takes off should show. They have also said that it is something that Asobo will have to fix.

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

The new features in experimental are not optimized performance wise yet. First the system and then optimize. But the developement version should not show any harsh stutters.

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

On 1/7/2022 at 3:48 PM, tup61 said:

The FBW 320 (developer version) is the ONLY plane I fly that gives me a severe stutter, almost a mini pause, every 20 to 25 seconds. No matter where I am flying and what the settings are. I have an official G-Sync monitor (1440p) and all flights in all other planes are 100% smooth all the way. (Yes, I am extremely happy with my new PC and the G-Sync monitor!!!) This severe stutter in the FWB is quite immersion killing (to me anyway). Since I only have this with this plane I wonder what might be causing this... Maybe there is a FBW=specific setting I could change to get rid of it? It can't be MSFS itself since all my other flights are perfect. I also can't imagine it's because the FBW is more heavy on the system because in that case the stutters should occur more often. Yes, around extremely big cities performance drops a bit in the FWB indeed but that's logical. But a stutter every 20 to 25 seconds above a desert at FL360... That seems to be a problem with the FWB itself imho.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Maybe this is something the devs will have to fix?

I have exactly the same problem. Everything runs super smooth, but about every 20 seconds the simulator stops for a moment.... :-(
This is not good for the immersion and my nerves....

4 hours ago, koli said:

I have exactly the same problem. Everything runs super smooth, but about every 20 seconds the simulator stops for a moment.... 😞
This is not good for the immersion and my nerves....

No, haven't found a solution. Well, no other than switching to the Fenix A320 which doesn't have this problem. Still don't know what caused that stutter.

• Upvote 1

People still having stutters like that may need check on their hardware or settings addons etc? FBW should not stutter like that.

Edited by jbdbow1970

Please provide a screenshot of the **MSFS** FPS counter while the stutter occurs if possible.

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations