Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A320 stutter

6 hours ago, koli said:

This is not good for the immersion and my nerves....

It will improve as the aircraft is optimised.

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

On 1/7/2022 at 8:48 AM, tup61 said:

The FBW 320 (developer version) is the ONLY plane I fly that gives me a severe stutter, almost a mini pause, every 20 to 25 seconds. No matter where I am flying and what the settings are. I have an official G-Sync monitor (1440p) and all flights in all other planes are 100% smooth all the way. (Yes, I am extremely happy with my new PC and the G-Sync monitor!!!) This severe stutter in the FWB is quite immersion killing (to me anyway). Since I only have this with this plane I wonder what might be causing this... Maybe there is a FBW=specific setting I could change to get rid of it? It can't be MSFS itself since all my other flights are perfect. I also can't imagine it's because the FBW is more heavy on the system because in that case the stutters should occur more often. Yes, around extremely big cities performance drops a bit in the FWB indeed but that's logical. But a stutter every 20 to 25 seconds above a desert at FL360... That seems to be a problem with the FWB itself imho.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Maybe this is something the devs will have to fix?

I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Same problem over here. I have a high end PC and now that I have the 4090, I have noticed that the stutters with the FBW are excruciating. So I gave myself the task of doing all the tests that can be imagined. Since eliminating all the components of the community and flying only with the FBW and effectively, the stutters are there every 20 or 30 seconds, regardless of being in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean above 38 thousand feet.

I discovered something interesting. As some have said, when the Simbrief flight plan loads, it already feels a bit less fluid. As you taxi to the end of the runway stutters are noticeable and when you are about to land, they are much more noticeable. But once you get to the disembarkation gate and turn off the engines, everything is smooth again. This is very strange, because you're not even exiting the simulator or the main menu or anything.

I found somewhere and I'm sorry I didn't save the link, someone who had this problem and indicated that it was a known error and passed the following Tips that I have done and I can attest that it works:
With the FBW off, turn on the external power supply, press the battery buttons and immediately exit the MSFS menu, activate developer mode and in the menu you recharge the FBW, exit developer mode and that's it, you can now load your plan flight etc. etc.

What difference this makes, I have no idea but in my case it works. But logically this kills realism and should not be a good practice.

By the way, how are you doing with the FENIX? Since I have this problem with the FBW, I am evaluating moving to the Fenix.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Fenix doesn’t have these annoying stutters. It’s one of the main reasons I paid for a n airbus when we have a high quality freeware airbus. But having paid for fenix I’m enjoying all the other goodies it brings on top of Fbw mod.  

fenix is about 5 fps lower than pmdg on average. Just something to be aware of when you buy it. Adjust settings accordingly. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I hope the Fbw A380 doesn’t have these mysterious stutters. I have investigated this issue so deeply with devs and no solution yet. Gave up and bought fenix. 

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

7 minutes ago, vin747 said:

I hope the Fbw A380 doesn’t have these mysterious stutters. I have investigated this issue so deeply with devs and no solution yet. Gave up and bought fenix. 

wow, it's a shame to hear this. I've always had FBW but when you pay for a GPU like the 4090, you want everything to be really smooth and when I pick any other plane, everything is really smooth. Tomorrow I will pay for the FENIX, the only thing I have to worry about is that I have a VRinsight MCP COMBO II hardware that with Linda goes very well with the FBW, but I think someone has already made some profiles for the FENIX and the AAO with the Bridge to the MCP COMBO II

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

ya I have AAo scripts for fenix.. works great with my honeycomb yoke and bravo throttles..

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar

I have always had this stuttering issue with the FBW as well which made it impossible to enjoy for me.

That's the reason I haven't used the FBW any more since the Fenix was released (which is totally smooth).

With the upcoming A380 in mind it's sad to hear that this issue still persists with the FBW. Hopefully it will not be the same stuttering with the A380.

11 hours ago, elee said:

By the way, how are you doing with the FENIX? Since I have this problem with the FBW, I am evaluating moving to the Fenix.

I haven't touched the FBW Airbus ever since I bought the Fenix A320. It's superior in all possibel aspects. Move!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

I fly mainly the FBW and have no stutters at all.

Each PC and software setup is different I guess.

Wow... What's your secret to that?? FBW A320 is also my favourite plane to fly but I also got those occasional stutters. Do you lock your frames or anything like that? 

Tapani Österberg

I think I use half monitor rate in the settings.

Apart from that, no idea.

I dont use fancy scenery and strictly no scenery which is larger than a Gigabyte. And no Multiplayer at all and no photogrammer. And besides LNM and AAO and ATC chatter no other software when I fly MSFS.

When I used Volanta and a traffic addon it was indeed stuttering sometimes as I remember. Got rid of those.

One of the reason I stick to my old PC system is that MSFS works fluid and without CTDs. Never change a working system.

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

3 hours ago, darshonaut said:

I fly mainly the FBW and have no stutters at all.

Each PC and software setup is different I guess.

It is very curious, because before having the 4090, I had a much inferior Radeom and the stutters were not so evident. But now they are unbearable. And no, it is not a bottleneck with the CPU, I have already tried many other planes and with none I have stutters, only with the FBW. And if you go further back in the explanation that I give about the tip so that this does not happen, you can realize that it is the FBW. It's a shame, because it's a great product and it's also free. I think if you don't have any problems, go ahead with the FBW, it's a great development and the developer guys one way or another deserve a round of applause.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

25 minutes ago, elee said:

It is very curious, because before having the 4090, I had a much inferior Radeom and the stutters were not so evident. But now they are unbearable. And no, it is not a bottleneck with the CPU, I have already tried many other planes and with none I have stutters, only with the FBW. And if you go further back in the explanation that I give about the tip so that this does not happen, you can realize that it is the FBW. It's a shame, because it's a great product and it's also free. I think if you don't have any problems, go ahead with the FBW, it's a great development and the developer guys one way or another deserve a round of applause.

I have an AMD setup, RX580 8GB and Ryzen 5 2600X.

• Upvote 1

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

To end my comment, I have bought the FENIX a320 and I must say that it is the best thing I have ever done. I can state with complete certainty that the FBW was unfortunately to blame for the stutters. As other pilots in this same thread say, some of us have this problem, and it is something that does not happen to everyone. But the FENIX has given me back my joy since I made an expensive investment in a 4090 to have an exquisite fluidity and with the FBW I was not achieving it. Now I can say that it is the best moment of my Simulator in 25 years.

For those wondering: I'm running FENIX with DX12 (Beta) and TAA with DLSS and it works very, very well. The FENIX is in Quality mode and the rendering is on the GPU.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

The stutters are due to some issues with the ND they are updating. Within their discord you can try out the new V2 ND if you modify one of the links in the installer.