Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A320 stutter

1 hour ago, altenae said:

Is it already in the version Changelog 0.10.0?
Or do I have to install the Development e99f6ce ?

Edward

If I see it correctly in the logs, it's in dev version only right now. (but should be ported to exp some time soon)

FlyByWire Simulations

5 minutes ago, Watsi said:

If I see it correctly in the logs, it's in dev version only right now. (but should be ported to exp some time soon)

Thank you.

So a DEV version is not the same as the Development version in de the FBW installer ?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

13 minutes ago, altenae said:

Thank you.

So a DEV version is not the same as the Development version in de the FBW installer ?

It is the same.

I'm sorry, I didn't verify that but that is my sense, which I know hardly helps 🙃

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

It is the same.

I'm sorry, I didn't verify that but that is my sense, which I know hardly helps 🙃

Yes I thought so to.

But he says DEV and later to Experimental.
So that's why I thought that maybe DEV is other then Development.
I thought new updates first to Exp, Dev(elopment) and then Stable

• Upvote 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

47 minutes ago, altenae said:

Yes I thought so to.

But he says DEV and later to Experimental.
So that's why I thought that maybe DEV is other then Development.

Yeah, sorry. Dev is development (version). Writing these things so often, that I tend to shorten it up.

Edited by Watsi
  • Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

6 hours ago, holland786 said:

This is actually in the development version now.

Great you finally managed to get rid of these stutters! I can confirm that the stutters are gone on my system with the latest development version.

Now I am really looking forward to your A380!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes...and please don't stop on the phenomenal A320NX!  I look forward to further performance optimizations and hope that at some point it can get to this level of virtually zero frame time variance.  This was done a few moments ago in the PMDG 738 from taxi to FL260 at ROAH towards RJTT.  Unparalleled smoothness at modest frame rate.  In terms of raw frame rate (mine's locked below) the FBW A320NX is on par with the PMDG 738 largely:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Noel said:

and hope that at some point it can get to this level of virtually zero frame time variance

That is absolutely our goal. Since we have recently ported the last screen (apart from the MCDU) to be entirely comprised of our own code, it is now much more practical for us to optimise them.

• Like 4

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, holland786 said:

That is absolutely our goal. Since we have recently ported the last screen (apart from the MCDU) to be entirely comprised of our own code, it is now much more practical for us to optimise them.

Wow that is awesome and so appreciated--thank you kindly 👍 I also want to tell you how much I appreciate the quality of the tutorials they are so well written. 

Noel

9 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Great you finally managed to get rid of these stutters! I can confirm that the stutters are gone on my system with the latest development version.

So installing the Dev version via the FBW installer I guess?

8 minutes ago, altenae said:

So installing the Dev version via the FBW installer I guess?

Yes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, altenae said:

scratching my head now, too, expected the same line from EXP --> DEV --> STABLE but 

17 hours ago, Watsi said:

it's in dev version only right now. (but should be ported to exp some time soon)

so this ^^ shall should then read "it's in EXP version only right now. (but should be ported to DEV some time soon)" instead? Which would make sense again. from my humble point of view

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

15 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Has VNAV been integrated into the Dev version yet, or is this still unique to the Exp version ?

Thats a killer guys, definitely to much version..🤣

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DAD said:

scratching my head now, too, expected the same line from EXP --> DEV --> STABLE but 

so this ^^ shall should then read "it's in EXP version only right now. (but should be ported to DEV some time soon)" instead? Which would make sense again. from my humble point of view

As far as I can tell, experimental is basically dev with a couple of PRs on top of it. But since those PRs generally replace old code, they aren't really universally compatible. The merged PR fixes the pseudo FWC that you can find in stable and dev, but experimental already runs the FWC rewrite - so someone has to do the additional work of porting it.

Due to the ongoing work with the Rust FWS, @Benjozork and I briefly discussed and decided to rebase the work onto the experimental branch due to a few FWS features that haven't made it to master yet.

The plan is to fully port the PseudoFWC to experimental, then make the minor modifications needed to get it compatible with master in a separate PR.

After further discussion, we've decided to target master first instead. However, moving to experimental should be as simple as uncommenting the FWC warnings and renaming a couple simvars.

Edited by gdjak