Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

A more sophisticated ATC programme than the FSX default...

Guest cliffie1931

Is there a more sophisticated Air Traffic Control add-on that's an improvement on that offered by the default FSX?Cliff

If you would rather talk to ATC instead of pressing buttons check out VoxATC.

>Radar contact> keith:-beerchug How does that product work?

Guest bjablonka

VoxATC is great, it adds a whole new dimension to FS. Great support too.

I don't know about Radar Contact - I'm sure it is a fine product. I do know something about VoxATC though. I was on the BETA team for the FSX version and by the time we received the product for testing there was so little to do that it was scary. The developer of this product did such a fantastic job before we received the product that our job was mainly to say - yeah it works - got anything else to for us to test. :-)I use both the FS9 and FSX version and the product is great. In my opinion, this package is a great interim step between conversing with ATC using text and services like VATSIM. I know there are a lot of folks out there that are reluctant to sign on with a live controller. Well, this is the product for you. It is very realistic and will definitely teach you how to react to guidance from ATC.Oh, and before someone suggests it, I do not work for the developer - just a loyal user.fb

Do these programs (VoxATC and Radar Contact) allow the use of SIDs and STARs?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest craigjjs

Radar Contact utilizes SIDS and STARS. It works from the flight plans you develop and store in your FSX document folder. I absolutely love this addon. I would not even use FSX until Radar Contact became available for it. The FSX default ATC is just horrible. I have also found that the vendor for Radar Contact is terrific, very quickly responding to questions on the forum, complex or dumb. I have nothing good or bad to say about VoxATC. I also enjoy VATSIM on occasion when I have time for a flight in real time, rather than 2x or 4x.Craigjjs

VoxATC also allows the use of SID / STARS. Both Radar Contact and VoxATC have forums here on the AVSIM site which offer a wealth of infomation about the two programs. VoxATC offers demos for both FSX and FS2004. The FSX demo allows you to fly anywhere in the world but is time limited for one week. Also the VoxATC web site has detailed documentation including a demo flight transcription of the pilot ATC interaction. Both programs have been reviewed here on AVSIM so check out the review archives for more insight. What appeals to me about VoxATC is that it uses speech recognition technology. I fail to understand why ACES hasn't embraced this technology especially since it is based on Microsoft's SAPI5 speech recognition and synthesis software.