Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

TrackIR 5 Attack by Motion Blurries

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

Hmmm... Just watched the GrassMonkey vid. and was speculating that some part of that GM setup was still installed, and was interfering with the TIR output to the sim. Your TIR sensor, (mounted atop your monitor) is merely picking up the reflected IR, or a generated IR signal from a "puck" or the side-mounted TIR on your headband. In the GM case - it uses an IR camera, and, if that's still connected - even lying on the desk - it may still be active. The fact that it is happening with both sims would suggest something of this nature.  At least it's something I would need to eliminate, in the same manner as the TV vs PC monitor. It's like knowing for sure that all three(?) components of the GM software have been fully uninstalled with Revo - I don't know that.  The biggest issue is that none of us have your machine on our desks, so it's a bit like pulling hen's teeth. There are lots of places in a PC that will affect video in part of the way you describe.

Not giving up, and I know I'm not speaking for everyone else here - many of whom are very much knowledgeable in troubleshooting this kind of issue,  but having read all of the other suggestions on both forums, plus your input and responses, I reckon I'm clutching at straws, and don't know what else to suggest, other than someone doing a TeamViewer session with you..

The GrassMonkey device is far, far away.   Your point is on point.   It was OpenTrack Software used by the GrassMonkey camera and headmount IR unit.   To my best ability, there are no remaining bits of that software on my machine.   I searched by name and found a few files bearing OpenTrack related names and after the Windows removal, I deleted those files.

Will pick this up after some other tasks in our Guam afternoon time.  Natural Point tech support is working with me now.  

THANKS!!

• Like 1

Good news at last!    As a last thing that will absotively and poselutely,  ensure the end of that software, Rm, might I suggest (repeating what I said in the earlier post) (sacrilege coming!) that you re-install OpenTrack again, exactly as you did initially - and then download and use Revo Uninstaller (it is free) to uninstall it. It will first run the applications' own uninstaller, then it will begin its own uninstall process. It will show you every left-over file, every entry in the registry, plus any other file areas that the software has impacted - and it will offer you the option to a). delete those registry files, and then the same thing for those 'found' files. I cannot recommend Revo highly enough regarding it's ability to get rid of problematic pc applications.   https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

Natural Point is a very good company to work with.

Let's hope it's finally gone.  🤞

pj

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

2 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Good news at last!    As a last thing that will ensure the end of that software, Rm, might I suggest (repeating what I said in an earlier post) that you re-install OpenTrack again exactly as you did initially - and then (sacrilege coming!) download and use Revo Uninstaller (it is free) to uninstall it. It will first run the applications' own uninstaller, then it will begin its own uninstall process. It will show you every left-over file, every entry in the registry, plus any other file areas that the software has impacted - and it will offer you the option to a). delete those registry files, and then the same thing for those 'found' files. I cannot recommend Revo highly enough regarding it's ability to get rid of problematic pc applications.   https://www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/

Natural Point is a very good company to work with.

Let's hope it's finally gone.  🤞

pj

Very good advice.   Will do this in a few hours.   Great suggestion!  I have already downloaded Revo but hesitated because I had already uninstalled OpenTrack.   Will follow your procedure.   

• Like 1

Good Man!  Thanks - a bit of a saga, but it's also very gratifying to see such support from all the other flyers helping out in the way they did.  

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.