Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

TrackIR Motion Blur

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Try Speed 1 and smooth 100

Thanks.   Can do, except 50 is my Max setting for smooth.   

What I really want to get sorted is the compressed scale on my TrackIR Profile page.   Have a look at the photos.    https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjzvyPYX9Tw7vbbe9

If you use TrackIR, which scale do you have?   0-15-30-45 like all the tutorials?   Or 0-3-6-9-12-15 etc like mine?

8 hours ago, ark said:

If you put your mouse cursor on the small profile screen you can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. You can also click with the mouse wheel switch on the profile screen to reset the scale. See if that works.

Al

I mentioned earlier this:  If I use the mouse to zoom in the scale does not change and almost instantly is expanded out of limits.   

But with your encouragement, I now got the mouse to scroll after a few more tries.   BUT the scale stays at 0-3-6-9-12 etc.   I cannot get the degrees on the horizontal to change.   This is just a zoom feature that helps broaden the view but does not change the scale in use.   

This odd variation remains a clue.   Need to know what scales you all are seeing.  

Are you seeing the same scale as the tutorials?   0-15-30-45? 

Edited by Rmmm

39 minutes ago, Rmmm said:

This odd variation remains a clue.   Need to know what scales you all are seeing.  

This is a red herring - the scale is not important, it's the relationship between your curve and the scale that matters. As has been pointed out, the scale redraws more or less precisely depending on how far you are zoomed in on it. You can change the size of the box by dragging the divider bar, make the app full-screen, zoom in/out, etc. There are prompts on the zoom actions in the status bar when you put the mouse over the scale.

As best as I can make out from your fuzzy picture you are using a quite aggressive Yaw scale, which is approximately twice as sensitive as the one I use. You would probably benefit from flattening it out a bit. In the meantime, try moving the curve down by pressing the green Down arrow to see if that makes a difference. You might also try enabling 'precision mode' (F3 by default) to see if that makes a difference.

Other than that, I would suggest grabbing a video of what you are seeing, as I am not convinced that 'motion blur' is what you are describing.

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

1 hour ago, Rmmm said:

Thanks.   Can do, except 50 is my Max setting for smooth.   

What I really want to get sorted is the compressed scale on my TrackIR Profile page.   Have a look at the photos.    https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjzvyPYX9Tw7vbbe9

If you use TrackIR, which scale do you have?   0-15-30-45 like all the tutorials?   Or 0-3-6-9-12-15 etc like mine?

Fine but anything less than 100 is not smooth, its gerky.

Your first center DOT should be just above the bottom line. So you have no dead spot unless anyone wants a dead spot? As long as you know how TrackIR work, do your own profile.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

This is a red herring - the scale is not important, it's the relationship between your curve and the scale that matters. As has been pointed out, the scale redraws more or less precisely depending on how far you are zoomed in on it. You can change the size of the box by dragging the divider bar, make the app full-screen, zoom in/out, etc. There are prompts on the zoom actions in the status bar when you put the mouse over the scale.

As best as I can make out from your fuzzy picture you are using a quite aggressive Yaw scale, which is approximately twice as sensitive as the one I use. You would probably benefit from flattening it out a bit. In the meantime, try moving the curve down by pressing the green Down arrow to see if that makes a difference. You might also try enabling 'precision mode' (F3 by default) to see if that makes a difference.

Other than that, I would suggest grabbing a video of what you are seeing, as I am not convinced that 'motion blur' is what you are describing.

Hi Mark... Thanks for the careful response.   I agree with your observations.   The photo I sent was the Default profile that comes with the installation.  It only served to show that odd difference in the scale presented by others vs what I have.  Precision Mode is F7.

I already arrived a few hours earlier at the same conclusion regarding a more flat scale.   But it takes a lot of tweaking.   If you could make your profile available, that would be really helpful.    I would trust your profile to be better than most.  

I will try to grab a video.   The motion blur that I am referring to is readily apparent on the tutorial videos that I reviewed.   An easy way to see it is to simply use the left and right arrow keys rapidly one direction and then back the other way.

But in my case, my earlier profile was just perfection and rock steady.  Somehow that sweet spot that was my norm got messed up and is lost.   Now the blur is so apparent that it is upsetting and strains my eyes.   Recovering that may take a long, long time of trial and error.   

Hence the request for proven profiles for GA.   I have tried a couple that I found via Google but I don't find them satisfactory.    Here is my try at a more flat profile from this afternoon.   Does not solve my problem with blurry scenery and gauges, though.   Also proved not to give the intended range of movement in Yaw.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sb68ov79ivxmyy/Copy of Default.xml?dl=0

If you could make your profile available, that would be really helpful.    I would trust your profile to be better than most.  

5 hours ago, Rmmm said:

Are you seeing the same scale as the tutorials?   0-15-30-45? 

Yes.

A profile by Seth, called Seth-Flight ( a TrackIR employee ) has been used by many flight simmers with good results. If nothing else it is a good profile to use as a starting point in developing your own. This profile, and some others, is available at the link below.

Al

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=7445

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ark said:

Yes.   A profile by Seth, called Seth-Flight ( a TrackIR employee ) has been used by many flight simmers with good results.

Terrific.   Will get that now.   Somehow missed seeing the NaturalPoint Forum.   An obvious oversight on my part.  Definitely a valuable resource.   THANKS!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Hi Mark..

As Ark suggested I downloaded two profiles provided by Seth from Natural Point.   

I also made a video of my screen.  Unfortunately, the video came out jumpy.   The video actually presents closer to what I would be happy with instead of what I actually see.

When I scan left or right the distant scenery is showing up jittery or blurry - leaving fuzzy duplicate images behind which then snap into focus.
If I turn left/right/up/down looking at the instruments they all go blurry - leaving fuzzy duplicate images behind which then snap into focus.

As I have proven profiles, that leaves the Speed and Smooth sliders.  

Definitely the different settings, and I tried lots of variations in both Speed and Smooth settings, make very recognizable changes.   But I could not find the combination that I had for years before.   Online videos show much less but maybe are showing less smooth images than is on the actual screen.   I don't think my memory or my visual experience is inaccurate.

I may have to either accept some eye strain or abandon TrackIR.  Neither are good solutions.
RMM

38 minutes ago, Rmmm said:

As I have proven profiles, that leaves the Speed and Smooth sliders.  

For what it's worth, I've been using Speed = 1, Smoothing = 30.

If you haven't, suggest you post your problem in the General TrackIR5 support forum. Maybe someone at Natural Point will have a suggestion.

I still have to wonder if the other head tracking system you tried might be causing some kind of weird problem with TrackIR. What was the other heading tracking system you tried?  Did you uninstall it before reinstalling TrackIR?

And, in the shot-in-the-dark category, in the Win10 Display settings, there is a setting called Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. I happen to have it on, but you could try changing it from whatever it currently is to see if it makes any difference.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

For what it's worth, I've been using Speed = 1, Smoothing = 30.

If you haven't, suggest you post your problem in the General TrackIR5 support forum. Maybe someone at Natural Point will have a suggestion.

I still have to wonder if the other head tracking system you tried might be causing some kind of weird problem with TrackIR. What was the other heading tracking system you tried?  Did you uninstall it before reinstalling TrackIR?

And, in the shot-in-the-dark category, in the Win10 Display settings, there is a setting called Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. I happen to have it on, but you could try changing it from whatever it currently is to see if it makes any difference.

Al

Thanks.   I have joined the forum and made a first query.   Awaiting any replies.   

The unit that corrupted my system was the GrassMonkey with the new IR USB Camera.   Looks good on YT but for me a very unfortunate outcome.   My friends system that did not have TrackIR was unaffected by the failed installation.   The GrassMonkey owner and tech support ran out of patience and made disparaging personal criticisms.   All his suggestions were things we carefully checked and tried multiple times.   All my communications were factual and polite.   He decided I was the problem that his solutions were not working.   I have no idea what was wrong with the install.   My system got corrupted.   My friends installation worked but the tracking was useless and inaccurate to put it mildly. 

On my side, sure did the 100% uninstall, manual scan for any remaining folders, Glary Utilities scan of registry, reboot etc.   Just could not not recover back to where things were.

I will try the Win10 Display settings.   

Much appreciate the time and suggestions.

RMM

Did you try the BQ monitor Rm?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, ark said:

Yes.

A profile by Seth, called Seth-Flight ( a TrackIR employee ) has been used by many flight simmers with good results. If nothing else it is a good profile to use as a starting point in developing your own. This profile, and some others, is available at the link below.

Al

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=7445

This is the one I've been using for a decade or close to it.  It's the best.  I've never noticed a motion blur or anything.  Sounds like a vsync issue from the OP.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Gentlemen:

Please make further replies on this topic in the X-Plane forum on AvSim.   Will be better to have just one thread.   Apologies for the duplication, but I was desperate for input.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable suggestions.   All of which I am taking up with due care and effort.     Thanks again!!

46 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

This is the one I've been using for a decade or close to it.  It's the best.  I've never noticed a motion blur or anything.  Sounds like a vsync issue from the OP.

I immediately downloaded Seth-Flight and Seth-FPS profiles.   

Most importantly ..  regarding " never noticed a motion blur" - Thanks for that confirmation.    What I have is lots and is very obvious and a strain on the eyes.

I have looked at that settings using NVidia Control Panel and in Windows 10 Settings.   Will continue to investigate.  Something changed for sure.   May require a fresh start with a new installation from the ground up.  

FOR FURTHER REPLIES - Please hop over to the X-Plane forum.    Thanks for all the support and re-assurance.