Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

TrackIR Motion Blur

22 hours ago, Rmmm said:

Thanks.   I have joined the forum and made a first query.   Awaiting any replies.   

The unit that corrupted my system was the GrassMonkey with the new IR USB Camera.   Looks good on YT but for me a very unfortunate outcome.   My friends system that did not have TrackIR was unaffected by the failed installation.   The GrassMonkey owner and tech support ran out of patience and made disparaging personal criticisms.   All his suggestions were things we carefully checked and tried multiple times.   All my communications were factual and polite.   He decided I was the problem that his solutions were not working.   I have no idea what was wrong with the install.   My system got corrupted.   My friends installation worked but the tracking was useless and inaccurate to put it mildly. 

On my side, sure did the 100% uninstall, manual scan for any remaining folders, Glary Utilities scan of registry, reboot etc.   Just could not not recover back to where things were.

I will try the Win10 Display settings.   

Much appreciate the time and suggestions.

RMM

Track IR just works, and has for years. No reason to screw around with some second rate tracking system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Track IR just works, and has for years. No reason to screw around with some second rate tracking system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Agree.   But not without some reason.

I was helping a friend and I was assisting to design his home desktop sim from the computer choice, yoke etc. on up to X-Plane with REP etc.   HeadTracking came along and TrackIR was not available anywhere I looked. 

The GrassMonkey with a new camera popped up at a substantial savings and had very convincing YT videos.   We decided the GrassMonkey was a good choice.   My friend's installation failed, so I got the device with the intent to test it on my simulation.   Big Mistake.   

The GrassMonkey owner was fine for tech support but he offered only obvious quick fixes that we already had reviewed.   It could not be the device???   Ultimately the GrassMonkey owner decided I was the problem and claimed that I "don't believe" and "don't listen".    

My friend is using his sim for IFR training.   And his system is unaffected.    Meanwhile my system was seriously corrupted.    Sigh.   

Thanks again for taking time.   I will soldier on.   Getting some good suggestions but they all take time.   

RMM   

My Request :

I would like to know the results of others who fly the C172 with REP or other GA Aircraft - also with X-Camera and TrackIR.   It is dead easy to spot what I call Motion Blur.   Just press and hold Left Arrow key following by Right Arrow key while looking the panel.   Some bit of blur may be normal.   But in the past whatever there was was not noticeable for me.   Mine is extreme.

Reply on the other thread in the X-Plane Forum, please.