Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

SWS PC12 and NG!

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is not twitchy at all, did you apply the hotfix?  If you did and you still think it is twitchy, maybe you are not used to something that flies like an real aircraft. I hand fly mine all the time with no difficulty at all. Oh wait, you don't even own it.....  LOL

I fly C172, C182 & C210 all day as a living 😉 The bigger the easier to hand fly.

But as I said I do not own the Kodiak, it is just my thought seeing it fly in videos.

Pierre

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pochi said:

I fly C172, C182 & C210 all day as a living 😉 The bigger the easier to hand fly.

But as I said I do not own the Kodiak, it is just my thought seeing it fly in videos.

Pierre

If you see a video of a C 152 flying, can you judge from the video  how it handles? The Videos were most likely shot  before the hotfix , and who knows how they were being flown, wind conditions, etc.. I have been in a 767 that bounced around like a ping pong ball in turbulence, does that mean all 767 are "twitchy" ??

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep for sure.

Anyway, I have yet to find a video of a proper takeoff where the plane is not wobbling around like an ultralight.

Pierre

14 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Yep for sure.

Anyway, I have yet to find a video of a proper takeoff where the plane is not wobbling around like an ultralight.

Pierre

I don't do videos, but I am on centerline  prior to rotation. Just trim, rudder, and gradual torque application is all it takes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Pochi said:

Yep for sure.

Pierre

The Kodiak developers announced they found a bug after release. This bug affected take off performance, so many pre-hotfix videos were indeed twitchy on take off.  

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 1/8/2022 at 4:08 PM, JJ_ said:

I didn't get the Kodiak after seeing the reviews. It seems like it is one level better than Carenado airplanes, but still far from an A2A level plane. Maybe I am missing something since I don't have it but A2A simulates so many more things across the board than the Kodak reviews showed. The Kodiak is a great plane but it is prized too high for what it is. Waiting for it to go on sale. Looking forward to the PC12 coming out and going on sale too, LOL!

Kodiak 
4.1 FEATURES The aircraft features fully animated control surfaces and cockpit, along with many custom features that are listed below: 
 36 factory and 4 custom liveries 
 Flexing landing gear 
 Wheel chocks visible when the plane is cold 
 Working exits & storm window 
 Roll-up door and jump lights (Skydive model) 
 Animated pilot and passenger armrests
 Animated air conditioning vents and cup holders
 Realistic backlighting and floodlighting
 Individually controlled reading and aisle lights 
 Weight based visibility of cargo and passengers in Tundra, Mixed and Cargo versions 
 Animated roll-up door with pull-handle to close it (Skydive) 
 Working jump lights. Roll-up door will automatically open when set to READY to emulate the presence of a jumpmaster 
 Rain and icing effects 
 Custom air conditioning system that accounts for temperature differences between zones and inflow from the outside 
 Custom ESI500 Backup instrument 
 Flap auto-trim system

A2A Bonanza (not including all the features listed in the manual)

• Aircraft DNA technology re-creates actual engine and airframe vibrations.
  • V-tail physical modeling captures the character of this classic aircraft.
  • New analog gauge physics delivers a living cockpit unlike ever before.
  • Install a 285 Hp or 300 Hp Continental engine in the maintenance hangar.
  • A true propeller simulation.
  • Experience the world’s most recognizable high performance general aviation airplane.
  • Hand towing.
  • Immersive pre-flight inspection system designed by pilots while operating the actual Bonanza V-35B.
  • Electric starter with accurate cranking power
  • Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling.
  • Primer-only starts are now possible. AccuSim monitors the amount of fuel injected and it’s effectiveness to start and run the engine.
  • Persistent airplane where systems, corrosion, and temperatures are simulated even when the computer is off.
  • Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered recordings.
  • Complete maintenance hangar internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.
  • Designed and built to be flown “By The Book.”
  • Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel, people, and baggage in real-time
  • Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s.
  • P3D’s support of directional lighting allows a more advanced lighting system.
  • Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.
  • A total audible cockpit and sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.
  • In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation.
  • Authentic fuel delivery includes priming and proper mixture behavior. Mixture can be tuned by the book using the EGT, Fuel flow or by ear. It’s your choice.
  • All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metals, plastics, and rubber.
  • Airflow, density and its temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.
  • Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures.
  • Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out.
  • Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused
  • Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the combustion engine.
  • Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a Continental 520 and 550 cubic inch engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.
  • Actual avionics used in real Bonanza V35B’s flying today.
  • The TSO’d King KFC 200 Flight Director/Autopilot with complete 2-axis (pitch and roll with altitude hold) integrated system with professional 3-inch Flight Director displays.
  • Three in-sim avionics configurations including no GPS, GPS 295, or the GNS 400. Built-in, automatic support for 3rd party avionics.
  • As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
  • Authentic drag from the airframe and flaps
  • System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.
  • Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.
  • Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil
    temperature. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful to give the engine time to warm
  • Eight commercial aviation sponsors have supported the project including Phillips 66 Aviation, Champion Aerospace, and Knots2u speed modifications.
Edited by JJ_

50 minutes ago, JJ_ said:

Kodiak 
4.1 FEATURES The aircraft features fully animated control surfaces and cockpit, along with many custom features that are listed below: 
 36 factory and 4 custom liveries 
 Flexing landing gear 
 Wheel chocks visible when the plane is cold 
 Working exits & storm window 
 Roll-up door and jump lights (Skydive model) 
 Animated pilot and passenger armrests
 Animated air conditioning vents and cup holders
 Realistic backlighting and floodlighting
 Individually controlled reading and aisle lights 
 Weight based visibility of cargo and passengers in Tundra, Mixed and Cargo versions 
 Animated roll-up door with pull-handle to close it (Skydive) 
 Working jump lights. Roll-up door will automatically open when set to READY to emulate the presence of a jumpmaster 
 Rain and icing effects 
 Custom air conditioning system that accounts for temperature differences between zones and inflow from the outside 
 Custom ESI500 Backup instrument 
 Flap auto-trim system

A2A Bonanza (not including all the features listed in the manual)

• Aircraft DNA technology re-creates actual engine and airframe vibrations.
  • V-tail physical modeling captures the character of this classic aircraft.
  • New analog gauge physics delivers a living cockpit unlike ever before.
  • Install a 285 Hp or 300 Hp Continental engine in the maintenance hangar.
  • A true propeller simulation.
  • Experience the world’s most recognizable high performance general aviation airplane.
  • Hand towing.
  • Immersive pre-flight inspection system designed by pilots while operating the actual Bonanza V-35B.
  • Electric starter with accurate cranking power
  • Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling.
  • Primer-only starts are now possible. AccuSim monitors the amount of fuel injected and it’s effectiveness to start and run the engine.
  • Persistent airplane where systems, corrosion, and temperatures are simulated even when the computer is off.
  • Immersive in-cockpit, physics-driven sound environment from A2A engineered recordings.
  • Complete maintenance hangar internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks.
  • Designed and built to be flown “By The Book.”
  • Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel, people, and baggage in real-time
  • Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s.
  • P3D’s support of directional lighting allows a more advanced lighting system.
  • Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.
  • A total audible cockpit and sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.
  • In cockpit pilot’s map for handy in-flight navigation.
  • Authentic fuel delivery includes priming and proper mixture behavior. Mixture can be tuned by the book using the EGT, Fuel flow or by ear. It’s your choice.
  • All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metals, plastics, and rubber.
  • Airflow, density and its temperature not only affect the way your aircraft flies, but how the internal systems operate.
  • Real-world conditions affect system conditions, including engine temperatures.
  • Spark plugs can clog and eventually foul if the engine is allowed to idle too low for too long. Throttling up an engine with oil-soaked spark plugs can help clear them out.
  • Overheating can cause scoring of cylinder head walls which could ultimately lead to failure if warnings are ignored and overly abused
  • Engine, airframe, cockpit panel and individual gauges tremble from the combustion engine.
  • Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a Continental 520 and 550 cubic inch engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about.
  • Actual avionics used in real Bonanza V35B’s flying today.
  • The TSO’d King KFC 200 Flight Director/Autopilot with complete 2-axis (pitch and roll with altitude hold) integrated system with professional 3-inch Flight Director displays.
  • Three in-sim avionics configurations including no GPS, GPS 295, or the GNS 400. Built-in, automatic support for 3rd party avionics.
  • As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
  • Authentic drag from the airframe and flaps
  • System failures, including flaps that can independently jam or break based on the actual forces put upon them. If you deploy your flaps at too high a speed, you could find yourself in a very dangerous situation.
  • Authentic battery. The battery capacity is based on temperature. The major draw comes from engine starting.
  • Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil
    temperature. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful to give the engine time to warm
  • Eight commercial aviation sponsors have supported the project including Phillips 66 Aviation, Champion Aerospace, and Knots2u speed modifications.

I own both, one I don't fly anymore because it is a P3d aircraft. I enjoy the Kodiak much more than I did the Bonanza.  I wonder how the MSFS 2020 version of the Bonanza is coming along???

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I own both, one I don't fly anymore because it is a P3d aircraft. I enjoy the Kodiak much more than I did the Bonanza.  I wonder how the MSFS 2020 version of the Bonanza is coming along???

They're doing the PA24 Comanche first.  I liked that one but I'd also love their analogue Bonanza.  (And their aerostar but that's a different story).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SWS has published a status update about their upcoming PC-12: https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios/

Next, some PC-12 news: we are still picking away at the details of the 3D model, but we can finally show a couple of renders. Keep in mind that the model is undergoing improvement, so this is not close to final by any stretch! The next major breakthrough has been made in regard to the engine simulation, however! The mighty PT6A-67B is now tuned with the correct torque and fuel flow at all altitudes. Startup times are timed and close to the real thing. But the best is yet to come! Using some new tricks, we have written our own Fuel Control Unit for the engine. This allows us to introduce a custom startup sequence with more accurate fuel flows, fuel pooling & draining in the engine, realistic Manual Override lever operation and more control over the power lever. Next steps are to connect it to a new, custom throttle and conditioning lever system that will allow realistic beta range implementation. 

After, a new ITT system will fall on top of it to better simulate the engine behavior. For now, we are interested in doing a basic ITT simulation, but better than Asobo's. If time permits, we also want to introduce factors such as the effect of wind blowing into the intake (positive) or exhaust (negative) during start-up. When the basis of the framework is solid, we will look into hung starts (important) and component wear (cool but not necessary). The Kodiak has also benefitted from this new research, as the next version will feature a functional emergency power lever. Unfortunately, it will not benefit from the new engine simulation, as we want to make sure it is stable before rolling it out into our products.

sws_pc12iwkmp.jpg

sws_pc12-2b7k0s.jpg

• Like 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

The PC-12 NG version will probably be out before the Carenado version.

Coming soon! The wait is almost over! Stand by!

Lol

Tim, thanks for the heads-up. After their excellent Kodiak and RV-14, it looks like that the SimWorks Studios team will, once again, fail to disappoint. 😎

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Why do folks prefer the PC-12 over the TBM 900?

I've never found either to be too appealing, guess I'm more of a twin prop fan.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

31 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Why do folks prefer the PC-12 over the TBM 900?

I've never found either to be too appealing, guess I'm more of a twin prop fan.

Maybe because it can get into shorter unimproved strips?  For me I want the fastest plane (but still the ability to get into strips under 3000 ft).  The PC12 is a good candidate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've never understood the twitchy thing. There's a pretty good sensitivity adjustment utility in MSFS 2020, If you don't like the publishers adjustment for a generic controller setting , adjust it to your liking. That is why the utility is there. Surely that is understood. There's a diverse number of controllers in existence, that's another reason why the utility is there.   

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 1/8/2022 at 11:08 PM, JJ_ said:

I didn't get the Kodiak after seeing the reviews. It seems like it is one level better than Carenado airplanes, 

It's at least 3 classes better than the Carenado birds, and it's visually on the same level.