Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Kodiac - NAV - Flight Plan

If you do a Direct Airport is there a trick to get NAV to engage? Nothing happens. Also if you do a flight plan why dose it show the flight plan in FPL but not on G1000? 

Chris Chiozza

For your 1st question, have you tried using HDG mode until it intercepts the NAV path? Not sure about question 2,

Mario Di Lauro

Any chance you can post a screenshot?

Oh, more importantly is this the default G1000 or the free NXi verison in the marketplace?

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, cchiozza said:

If you do a Direct Airport is there a trick to get NAV to engage? Nothing happens. Also if you do a flight plan why dose it show the flight plan in FPL but not on G1000? 

Just to make sure I understand, are you saying this problem only happens when flying direct from one airport to another, but the NAV (with autopilot on of course) works fine flying from a departure airport to a non-airport waypoint, such as a VOR or typical GPS waypoint?

Al

Edited by ark

Do you actually see the magenta line? I think we need a screenshot indeed in order to help you. 

Interestingly I had a similar problem, but mine ended up having nothing to do with the Kodiak. I had both the NXI installed from the marketplace and the legacy G1000 still in my community folder. I deleted the legacy G1000 out of the community folder and the NXi loaded properly and the Kodiak started working fine.

- Aaron

Does anyone have any issues of the Kodiak following the magenta line and lining up with the runway on a ILS approach? I'm reading in the main forum that people are having that issue. It may be dependent on what GPS you use.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

20 minutes ago, MSFLYER5856 said:

Does anyone have any issues of the Kodiak following the magenta line and lining up with the runway on a ILS approach? I'm reading in the main forum that people are having that issue. It may be dependent on what GPS you use.

I have no problems lining up on the ILS using the NXI version. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

35 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have no problems lining up on the ILS using the NXI version. 

Thanks Bob. Let me ask, do you ever pan the map on the NXI with the Range Knob Arrows ? I'm trying my darndnest to get the map panning arrow to move faster. I got it to work with mobiflight but its still too slow. I guess having little nav map on the other monitor would make those arrows redundant anyway. Unfortunately I can't program a button hold and you need to constantly keep pressing the button to move the Range Knob Arrows to pan the map.

Also using the GTN750, when activating an approach it sends me to the AP before the FAF then tends to do circles around the AP instead of going to the FAF. Looks like you really have to make the flight plan with the GTN 750 or it doesn't work well with plans made by the Sim Planner or LNVMAP Planner. Im am using the WT 1000 with the GTN750. I think there is no better option than to use the NXI or things just get loopy.

But to be fair, the GTN 750 does not natively run in the Kodiak and needs a another mod to get it to work and that may be the issue..

I think its time to get back to the NXI as it just works.

Edited by MSFLYER5856

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.

The GTN 750 is a navigational mess compared to the G1000 NXi.  That is, if you're looking for realistic navigation like me.  It works fine for A to B flying with no approaches.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SWS Kodiak made me go from GTN750 (which I really like) to the Nxi, which has been simply jaw-dropping.

• Like 2

Iñigo Bildarratz

48 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

The GTN 750 is a navigational mess compared to the G1000 NXi.  That is, if you're looking for realistic navigation like me.  It works fine for A to B flying with no approaches.

LOL!  Oh my Ryan.  You must mean for MSFS?

You and I have each made likely 100's of precision approaches in GTN 750 installed simulator aircraft.....  Remember ?????  2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 ????  A2A, Milviz, RealAir ????

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

No comparison between the GTN 750 and the G1000 NXI. The 1000 wins hands down. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310