Sign in to follow this  
Shomat

I can't launch P3D v4 after setting PMDG737 Scenario instead

@Shomat, the file I named has to be there. If it isn’t it suggests you have deleted it.

In that case just start P3D and a new one will be created. But you will have lost all your settings so those need to be set again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

My Explorer list shows no Prepa3d.cfg.↓

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN-yebyzg0WGIHIwjK3LacuTfOHiOltEd7gOaej

Only Initial Menu  shows momentary and then menu disappears. ↓

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNd0Xhx9m3oncwSecqxrQzfamQgONaCz2qAhuox

P3D looks like start, but no launch. ↓

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMI3JpNa0NbzwNJlHHHepAINNcDspyvHG_CwLCZ

Thank you 

Can you see pictures  or not ?

Sho

Hi, Ray

Does "set again"  mean I have to install P3d v4 again ?

Thank you,

Sho

41 minutes ago, Shomat said:

Can you see pictures  or not ?

Sho

Nope!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

@Shomat, the screenshots aren’t showing.

You don’t need to install P3D again unless you have deleted critical files. Maybe the ones you listed in your first post. Look in Recycle Bin and restore everything there.

Then trying running P3D again and report what happens.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray and everyone

After all, it is difficult to convey the situation in my poor English. The file I deleted was renamed, so I'm restoring and running it. As a result, the first P3D startup screen appears, but there is no response after that.

I attached the photo on google, but it was still not open to the public. I'm sorry.

I'm starting to think about throwing away P3D v4 and installing it in parallel with v5.

although ,,,,

Don't give up the ship.

I will go on a business trip for about two days. 

see you.

Sho

Hello Sho,

I think the easiest way to fix the problem is to run the P3D installer again.

It has a Repair option. Choose that and it should fix the problem.

See you in a few days.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi, Ray and everyone

I have to listen to people's points.
Generally, the source of failure is human error.
I was disrespectful of pointing out from C:\ Users \ YourName \ AppData \ Roaming.
I never thought I could see two Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 folders.
Finally I found Prepar3d.cfg in the correct directory, deleted it, and rebooted to successfully launch Prepar3 v4.
At that time, I had already purchased Prepar3d v5 and noticed that I could not find Prepa3d.cfg in v5 as well.
I paid a high tuition fee. But I would like to enjoy v5 in the future.

Thank you for helping me.

sincerly,

Sho

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Sho, I’m pleased you have resolved the problem. Remember to save a default flight using a default aircraft such as the Piper Cub.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather