Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shomat

I can't launch P3D v4 after setting PMDG737 Scenario instead

Recommended Posts

Hi, Everyone 

I can't launch P3D v4 after setting PMDG737 RJTT Scenario instead of initial F22.

I think you will be asked many times about it.

Change the contents of P3D.config or
I heard that you can resume by changing the name of config file.

At present time,
Once started, the P3dD Start menu will appear for few seconds and disappear .

How would you cope that ?

sincerely, Sho

Share this post


Link to post

It's generally not a good idea to set up your default scenario with an add-on airplane or scenery, as you want all the behind-the-scenes variables to be properly initialized at startup.  Your default scenario should be a default acft with the battery and avionics switches on, and at a default airport.

You can either manually edit the prepar3d.cfg file to point at a previously-working .flt file, or you can delete or rename the config file and P3D will build a new one for you.


Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post

PMDG manuals are pretty clear that you shouldn't do this, buddy. I did it once in FSX. It was a mistake there too.


5800X - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, Bob and Jazz

Thank you for you quick response.

I tried delete P3D.exe.config file,

But, same phenomena occurs.

 I will go to bed because of being at -9hrs from UTC.

Thank you very much.

I 'll study about this.

Sho

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Shomat said:

Hi, Bob and Jazz

Thank you for you quick response.

I tried delete P3D.exe.config file,

But, same phenomena occurs.

 I will go to bed because of being at -9hrs from UTC.

Thank you very much.

I 'll study about this.

Sho

The .exe or the .cfg? What exactly have you done?

Honestly, I didn't remember how to fix this mistake but it makes sense that Bob is correct to me. Don't delete the .exe. Just delete the .cfg.


5800X - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,Jazz

As you would mentioned,

I also wondered config file name has (exe) word.

I was able to find 4 config extension file in Prepar3D folder.

  1. prepar3D.exe.config. 201Byte
  2. Views.doll.config.   590Byte
  3. MenuSystem.doll.config.  202Byte
  4. Triton.config. 35.9KByte

So I chose Prepar3D.exe.config to  delete.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Prepar3D.exe.config contents as below

 

————————

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>

  </startup>

</configuration>

 

————————

 Is this the config file I am looking for ?

The config file may be hidden and invisible to me.

It may be that the config file is not found properly.

It's been a while since I changed the config file recently,

 I'm not used to working with config files on Windows 10.

I miss the days of MSFS95.

 

SHO

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Shomat said:

Hi,Jazz

As you would mentioned,

I also wondered config file name has (exe) word.

I was able to find 4 config extension file in Prepar3D folder.

  1. prepar3D.exe.config. 201Byte
  2. Views.doll.config.   590Byte
  3. MenuSystem.doll.config.  202Byte
  4. Triton.config. 35.9KByte

So I chose Prepar3D.exe.config to  delete.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Prepar3D.exe.config contents as below

 

————————

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

  <startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>

  </startup>

</configuration>

 

————————

 Is this the config file I am looking for ?

The config file may be hidden and invisible to me.

It may be that the config file is not found properly.

It's been a while since I changed the config file recently,

 I'm not used to working with config files on Windows 10.

I miss the days of MSFS95.

 

SHO

Looks like you're deleting the wrong stuff to me. The file you are looking for is as Bob wrote and simply called "prepar3d.cfg".

It won't be in the folder where P3D installation is located. It will be somewhere like C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

If you have been deleting other things I would put them back if I were you.


5800X - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Share this post


Link to post

@Shomat,

As Jazz has said you need to navigate to this folder:-

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open Prepar3d.cfg and search for SITUATION=

Delete the entry after = and save the file.

Start P3D and when you get to the Scenario window choose any default aircraft and your preferred airport. Then choose the 'Default' option. Press OK to load P3D. It should place your chosen aircraft at your chosen airport.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Guys, let's not forget that to get to this folder, he needs to change the options to show hidden files and folders. Without that, he will be searching forever. He has only mentioned files that are in the main Prepar3D v4 folder, so he clearly does not know where to look.

  • Open FILE EXPLORER
  • Click on the FILE menu
  • Select CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS
  • Select VIEW from the menu
  • Left click on SHOW HIDDEN FILES, FOLDERS AND DRIVES

You will then be able to access the folder that Ray has mentioned, and edit the correct Prepar3D.cfg file.

  • Left click on DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES, FOLDERS AND DRIVES when you have finished

 

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Guys, let's not forget that to get to this folder, he needs to change the options to show hidden files and folders. Without that, he will be searching forever. He has only mentioned files that are in the main Prepar3D v4 folder, so he clearly does not know where to look.

  • Open FILE EXPLORER
  • Click on the FILE menu
  • Select CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS
  • Select VIEW from the menu
  • Left click on SHOW HIDDEN FILES, FOLDERS AND DRIVES

You will then be able to access the folder that Ray has mentioned, and edit the correct Prepar3D.cfg file.

  • Left click on DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES, FOLDERS AND DRIVES when you have finished

 

Ahh, yes. That never crossed my mind as setting Windows to show hidden files and folders is one the first things I do after a fresh windows install so I never think about it again after that.


5800X - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

 

Hi, everyone

Thank you for your attention about my trouble.

I already set OPTION showing hidden files and folders. , maybe

That's why I can see another config file.

And I checked left checked make hidden file visible in File option menu again.

Even if searching Prepar3d.config in Explore, There is no result.

I would like to show you my desktop display indicates Explorer file alignments and hanging P3D launch menu.

Can I insert the pictures on this pages ? (only image URL?)

Thank you ,

Sho

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Shomat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

I would like to show you my desktop display indicates Explorer file alignments and hanging P3D launch menu.

Can I insert the pictures on this pages ? (only image URL?)

Thank you ,

Sho

 

 


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Shomat said:

Even if searching Prepar3d.config in Explore, There is no result.

The filename is Prepar3d.cfg


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

You should be able to find it in the folder that Ray has highlighted. Do not try searching for the file in the status bar. Go to the specific folder, and look for it there.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Ray , Christopher

Thank you for giving me tips.

I tried your suggestion.

No results.

Does Prepar3D v4 generate new alternative Prepar3d.cfg file if original cfg one gone ? 

If this function would lost, This Program enter infinite loop. Is this  correct ?

Thank you

It's almost go to bed.

Sho in Yokohama 01:00 LCL

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...