Sign in to follow this  
oldngray

ATC keeps changing Altitudes

5 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Did you have to re-install FSUIPC inside the simulator - I've installed RC4 ok but I don't get the little display window (AdvDisp).

I'm guessing it's because I have FSUIPC installed as an XML addon also and it's FSUIPC that drives this display?

Any advice appreciated.

Don't forget to activate your XML add-on. I use Lorby's P3D Add-on Organizer to turn on/off sceneries, utilities, etc.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Ah I have FSUIPC outside with the xml method and it comes up all right. Key thing is you have to have a plan ready for it - Sim up and running and set up for the flight - then start RC4 load the plan then hit start RC4 it should then all work in the sim. It does not give you the fancy ADVDSP window (as per the manual) but it is a window box  (Check to see whether FSUIPC is allowing multi-line displays in the settings area of FSUIPC) you can drag and adjust the box size to suit ok and the RC4 menu works as advertised - that is if you use the keyboard as recommended for the relevant selection). No plan no work is the rule. It will then run the show for you just fine and without annoying the heck out of you with ridiculous radio freq changes or heading changes or similar LM standard ATC activity. 

Edited by coastaldriver
  • Like 1

OK, I have now flown several flights with RC4. Did have P3D ATC in background then read the fix about turning the voice slider to 0, so that is fixed. I like it and will continue to use it (learn). It does make for a very busy cockpit and without the co-pilot handling things I would have to pause the sim to complete all of the tasks. Perhaps it will get easier as I use it. Overall far superior to the default P3D ATC 

Thanks so much for all of your kind assistance. 

Now on to installing the GTN750 in the Cessna 421 if I can figure out how to open the digital coupon. 

Windows 10 64, ASUS Z590 MB, i5-11600K 4.9 ghz, Samsung 870 1TB, 860 500gb,hynix Gold 1TB SSD's, Corsair LPX 32gb (2x16) DDR4 Memory, EVGA GTX 1070ti, Viewsonic 32" 

11 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Ah I have FSUIPC outside with the xml method and it comes up all right. Key thing is you have to have a plan ready for it - Sim up and running and set up for the flight - then start RC4 load the plan then hit start RC4 it should then all work in the sim. It does not give you the fancy ADVDSP window (as per the manual) but it is a window box  (Check to see whether FSUIPC is allowing multi-line displays in the settings area of FSUIPC) you can drag and adjust the box size to suit ok and the RC4 menu works as advertised - that is if you use the keyboard as recommended for the relevant selection). No plan no work is the rule. It will then run the show for you just fine and without annoying the heck out of you with ridiculous radio freq changes or heading changes or similar LM standard ATC activity. 

Thanks for the info, all up and running now. Only problem is I can barely hear the voices as they are played on the main speakers at a fairly low volume level.

I have voices set in P3D to play on my headphones but RC4 doesn't seem to use them, is there any way to change this?

Also tried changing volume levels in P3D for voices but no change.

A couple of tips for RC4. After being cleared for takeoff try handing comms over to “Otto”. Ctrl+Shift+K. He or she will handle comms allowing you to fly the aircraft.

For the sound imbalance reduce sound sliders in P3D until you reach an acceptable balance. Also, click on the speaker icon in the System tray and ensure RC4 has the same sound level as P3D.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Caveney737 - glad to hear that. The sound thing I cannot help with. I am battling with sound in P3D in general due to my wish to use a bluetooth headset and yet to find a happy medium that works mostly I think due to the way Win10 has changed to handle sound (muting and unmuting depending on the app being used) At least P3D is now recognising the device in the sound menu - but the outcome is still flaky! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, coastaldriver said:

my wish to use a bluetooth headset

I use a real world David Clark headset with a Flight SoundX usb adaptor and it works great with P3D ATC voices, just not with RC4 😞

Edited by Caveney737
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A couple of tips for RC4. After being cleared for takeoff try handing comms over to “Otto”. Ctrl+Shift+K. He or she will handle comms allowing you to fly the aircraft.

For the sound imbalance reduce sound sliders in P3D until you reach an acceptable balance. Also, click on the speaker icon in the System tray and ensure RC4 has the same sound level as P3D.

Thanks for the tips Ray, It's a shame RC4 doesn't divert voices to the Voice Playback Device selected in P3D. That works really well with the standard P3D ATC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caveney737 said:

Thanks for the tips Ray, It's a shame RC4 doesn't divert voices to the Voice Playback Device selected in P3D. That works really well with the standard P3D ATC.

One solution if you have a spare laptop or PC is to run RC4 on that as I do. You'll need WideFS but it allows far more freedom and overcomes issues like this.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

One solution if you have a spare laptop or PC is to run RC4 on that as I do. You'll need WideFS but it allows far more freedom and overcomes issues like this.

Yes I do have a second PC that I use for my EFB, so I might give that a try thanks.

1 hour ago, Caveney737 said:

Yes I do have a second PC that I use for my EFB, so I might give that a try thanks.

I don't understand your comment "It's a shame RC4 doesn't divert voices to the Voice Playback Device selected in P3D". You just change the output selection in Windows and they will come out your headphones. (Unless I am mis-understanding you and you want voices one way and general sounds another). Windows, settings, sound, output.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

13 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Unless I am mis-understanding you and you want voices one way and general sounds another

Yes that is what I am trying to do, thanks anyway.