Sign in to follow this  
jmfabio

Live weather / presets

I have recently upgraded to the latest patch. I am only able to fly in real weather and real time. I can't select any preset in the sim and I can't adjust the time.  Is this me or are others having this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

Check your multiplayer settings. One of them locks you to live time and weather for all players in a session. 

Turning off multiplayer should confirm this. 

Edited by Dazzlercee23

Thanks Dazzlercee23, I will give this a look.

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

After leaving the recent beta and acquiring the update I for one had the opposite problem.  I could not access Live Weather.  I found that the "leave beta/update" process changed a number of my MSFS settings.  What changed seemed random.  In my personal case to get back Live Weather I needed to go to MSFS Options, Data, and reselect Live Weather there.

I had some additional Data options change, some Assistance options and Display options changed as well.  I lost custom camera views that I had set up along with related yoke button assignments and had to go through the process of reestablishing them.  And my Honeycomb Bravo quadrant's LED annunciator lights were not functioning.  I used Windows add/remove programs to expunge the Honeycomb AFC_Bridge addon for MSFS and then reinstalled it.  That solved that LED issue.  

Of note is that I had not emptied my Community folder contents (I use Addons Linker and highly recommend it) as I was surprised by the update and neglected to exit and remove those contents before continuing.

I so wish that Asobo would establish a folder that is a "settings bank" for lack of another term.  Something similar to what FSUIPC does with FSX with the "Modules" folder (don't know where FSUIPC stores settings for P3D).  That would allow convenient and reliable backup and restore of individually established settings.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere