Sign in to follow this  
yanfeng12342000

Which is the best way to record flight videos?

I have found the freeware OBS Studio to be ideal for my needs, I've been using it for years in FSX, P3D(32 and 64bit) X-Plane 11 and now MSFS. It's easy to use, records in lots of formats, is good for streaming,.plenty of Youtube tutorials available. I then reduce the file size from the OBS recordings with Handbrake (freeware).

Hope this helps.

steve southey

I use BandiCam, haven't noticed any performance impact with it. The capture quality is great I usually just record a flight a take screenshots later from the video footage - I can't see any difference in quality from direct game captures

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

6 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

I know there are a couple of ways out there for recording. Which is the most fluid and possibly resource friendly one according to your experience?

Two issues :

Recording a flight : MSFS has a cumbersome function in the  developer mode (beta). You also have this freeware on the .to

https://fr.flightsim.to/file/8163/flight-recorder

Recording a video of a flight recorded by one of the latter and then edited I use the GE experience Shadowplay recording which is excellent. It comes free with a Nvidia card. I tried OBS which was designed for Twitch I think and that I find a little complicated for my needs.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Thank you all for the help! I just did some research and found Windows 10 has a built-in game video recording function. What do you think of this compared with the other 3rd party recording tools?

1 hour ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Thank you all for the help! I just did some research and found Windows 10 has a built-in game video recording function. What do you think of this compared with the other 3rd party recording tools?

@Dominique_K has nailed the options. I use the exact same setup for my videos.

Although I have noticed so far that the flaps are no longer recorded.