Sign in to follow this  
out

Visibility wall

Hi everyone!

I have the impression I read something about it earlier, but I couldn't find the reference at the moment.

The problem I sometimes experience is, let's call it, a 'visibility wall'. It's a definite screen of lower visibility / fog / haze, which I can easily see when moving the plane in the spot view.
I have just taken a screenshot and would like to show you. You can see it coming through the plane.

visibilitywall.jpg

I'm on Prepar3Dv5.3-HF1-HF with ActiveSky, ASCA and Envshade.
The screenshot was taken at MK-Studios Helsinki, but I have seen the wall in other locations too.

Does anyone recognize the issue and know if it can be fixed somehow?
Thanks a lot in advance!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rafal said:

Hi everyone!

I have the impression I read something about it earlier, but I couldn't find the reference at the moment.

The problem I sometimes experience is, let's call it, a 'visibility wall'. It's a definite screen of lower visibility / fog / haze, which I can easily see when moving the plane in the spot view.
I have just taken a screenshot and would like to show you. You can see it coming through the plane.

visibilitywall.jpg

I'm on Prepar3Dv5.3-HF1-HF with ActiveSky, ASCA and Envshade.
The screenshot was taken at MK-Studios Helsinki, but I have seen the wall in other locations too.

Does anyone recognize the issue and know if it can be fixed somehow?
Thanks a lot in advance!

I'm glad you have brought this up because I have been seeing the same thing but when I'm in the air. For me it occurs some distance from my aircraft. As I look left and right is moves with me. A screen just like that that moves around the aircraft from the ground as I look around and it's an immersion breaker and ugly. It's been on my "investigate" list for a few days.

I too use Active Sky and ASCA and the problem pops up just about anywhere.

• Upvote 1

5800X - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I have this once only on LPPT while pushing back off the gate. As soon as I moved (start taxi) that "thing" was gone. It was odd really but never encountered again. It looks that appears only on the ground....

• Upvote 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi there,

Could it be a very low altitude cloud? 
May be try to use the cloud offset option in AS and see if that helps, as fog is now volumetric I doubt it could be the fog itself otherwise you have discovered a severe bug.

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

49 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

May be try to use the cloud offset option in AS and see if that helps

Thanks for the suggestion, Maxime. I have just set it from 0 to 500. However:
- the AS function descriptions says 'P3D ATIS will report incorrect cloud bases' (not nice)
- it also says 'Does not apply to EA Mode' in which I am (without volclouds though)
- I am not sure if I see it again, as I didn't take precise notes on what conditions it appeared in