Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

FLYSIMWARE Cessna 414AW Chancellor Snippet 1

12 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

The beta is not actually a complete beta. It is our final product but we find that in the first 3 weeks we always find reported issues from customers that the few beta testers never see catch nor myself or it broke at a later time. And here is why.

Over the last couple of months while some systems work they break as other things get changed. And this can get missed by our regular testers as this aircraft has way more systems than a typical default plane. We push the limits on systems and our few testers are just not familiar with every detail i have put into the systems. So if i was the only tester it could take another 3 months for me to make sure everything i coded is still working.

Another reason is customers may not like something and we want to change it during beta.

Another reason is i get hundreds of requests to help beta. And i hate telling everyone they can't. I also can't afford to have testers leak the product and the ones i do trust are not always have time to spend hundreds of hours as that is what it takes to beta a product with systems like this. So prefer to allow anyone to be part of the beta.

And last we do not release to vendors during beta because in the past every time we have to make an update we now have to update all of the vendors and some are very slow to update including the Marketplace. We are still not sure if the market place even notifies customers.

I hope i said this well as after 17 years under my belt i find this is best to keep everyone happy!!! Feel free to wait it's not about funding.

Count me in!!

Juan Ramos

Btw @Flysimware can you tell us what systems will be custom? Did you have to make a compromise on any system due to sim limitations?

Juan Ramos

43 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Feel free to wait it's not about funding

I might have missed the post about pricing, but if the beta testing period is planned to release at same price as final release then yes, I will wait. If the beta is released at a discount, then I may take the plunge a few weeks early, as you say.

Good luck with everything, regardless. I'm looking forward to it!

On 1/13/2022 at 12:15 AM, fakeflyer737 said:

WT are currently working on the 430/530

Did you get this info on their discord?

From previous Q&A, i remember that they would finish the G1000, then work on the flight planner and after that, improve the 430/530 and G3000

Edited by bendead

1 hour ago, bendead said:

From previous Q&A, i remember that they would finish the G1000, then work on the flight planner and after that, improve the 430/530 and G3000

It appears their first order of business is to get the CJ "refresh" out - the version that goes on the marketplace for free and also adds some new features.  But yes I heard they were also working on the 530/430

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, bendead said:

They specifically told me on their Discord that work on the 430/530 has started. This was maybe 3 weeks ago or so. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They specifically told me on their Discord that work on the 430/530 has started. This was maybe 3 weeks ago or so. 

Thanks,

Things are moving quicker than i expected

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, xender said:

Btw @Flysimware can you tell us what systems will be custom? Did you have to make a compromise on any system due to sim limitations?

Good question.

1. The Navomatic 400B autopilot unit has an ap turn knob designed to change course without disconnecting. This knob is inop due to limitations. Also according to our tech pilot this is never used. So no loss anyways.

2. Also the prop temp is fake as we can't simulate this. Normally it sits in the green section showing good temps when the prop deice is on. So it will rise to this temp range.

3. We found testing default planes that the yaw damper does nothing when enabled. Not sure why. Would like to get more info on this.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. 

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1

Funny about the yaw damper, I have never seen it do anything in any airplanes in the sim. Looking forward to your product. 

22 hours ago, stesma54 said:

Hi, any news on this bird?

My understanding is Flysimware would like to have a C414 Beta available through the Flysimware store in a month or less.

Al

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xender said:

Can we get day time previews? What do you say @Flysimware?

That is our plan. We had found things the paint Company 3DReach we asked to fix or improve and do not want to show the textures in full daylight until i am for sure happy with the final result. But yes i think we are there now. Will make a vid soon.

• Like 11

Wanted to share the sounds we custom recorded and coded for this project.

Sorry for the delay of the beta release.....Our original plan was to have an alternative panel with a dual GTN750. We did not get the full panel we wanted as we still do not have a G500/600 PFD. But we now can include the GTN 750 from PMS and TDS and even if you do not want to pay for these integrations PMS has a freeware version. So it was worth it to add a few more weeks. The GTN 750 will include a Garmin 605 autopilot and this thing is so complex and we are making it very realistic it's taking a bit of time. So i said it and let the secret out of the hat as this is something that everyone will want. Our next vid i will show the 2 new panels with the GTN 750 and the Garmin 605.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1