Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Default 747-400 Taxi Lights

This question might have been asked before, Ifso I am sorry for repeatiing it. 

My Default 747-400 doesn't show  turning taxi light from the front gear, despite there are clearly two lights ? 

Am I missing something ?

Berlopez

Are you say those 2 lights do not turn on or the light from them doesn't turn when the wheels turn when steering?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hello Charlie. The two light don't emit any light from where they are at. Meaning no light to see when turning the wheel.

Berlopez

Also no light from them when the wheels are pointed straight ahead?  Looking at the lights in the aircraft.cfg, none are listed for the taxi lights so they are in the model if they were modeled.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Unfortunately, this issue is going on for years and PMDG refuses to fix it and constantly blaming LM P3D while other developers managed to fix it and have proper illumination on their airplanes.
There were many complaints on their forum about it, as usual, it is the customer's fault for bringing it up while RSR and others blame LM/P3D and didn't fix it. 
As @charliearon mentioned it is modeled in the model configuration.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Haven't been to the .mdl config. don't know how to edit it let alone understand it. I simply tried the default 737-800 and that does have turning lights. but he 747 doesn't ? at least it doesn't show in turns ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqxq7vkw8fcijkn/Taxi lights 747-400.BMP?dl=0

As you can see by the image there seems to be a very weak taxi light. It doesn't turn while you steer, though.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
info.

On the 747 taxi lights do not turn. Taxi lights are installed on nose landing gear and only illuminate on the ground.

To activate taxi lights (this is an airline option) you need to go on CDU-PMDG SETUP-AIRCRAFT-EQUIPMENT-PACKAGES 2- page 18 and you will notice TAXI LIGHTS INSTALLED. Then you select whatever you desire. This is affecting model config, and yes, they are unrealistically dim. You can go on their forum and bring it up "again" but you will get jumped on etc..............

Edited by Vlad Tepes3

There has been no mention, by the OP, of his problem being with a PMDG product.  DEFAULT FSX 747!

Charlie Aron

@charliearon, you are 100% correct, my apologies for not paying attention.

Hello and thanks everybody that has got involved in helping and answering this issue; I am referring to the default 747-400; As I mention there are two lights in the landing gear, they don't turn or cast light ( Like in my image the Taxi Lights seem to be very dim) during turns like the default 737-800

charliearon. the two lights do show , but they don't emit a lot of light from them, only very dim and they do not turn wih the gear. ( Look at my dropbox image link above) though static they show dimly and only straight. ( In front) Again this is the default 747-400.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Using the default aircraft, unfortunately, you get what you get!  I would look around for a freeware substitute.

Charlie Aron

Thank you response, support and advice charlie.  Was only looking to see if I was missing an effect. I'll live with it.

Berlopez