Sign in to follow this  
tup61

@FBW and Fenix: is a phone number really necessary?!?

2 hours ago, JYW said:

If when my time comes and I leave this lofty rock, should I be unfortunate enough to go "downstairs", then I imagine diablo himself will point to a PC and a chair, chain me in, and make me use Discord for eternity.

The only thing that's right about it, is it's name.  

😂😂 Yep !

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

6 hours ago, JYW said:

I loathe everything about it; the utterly indescribably awful UI, the fact I have to go to my emails and click a link every time I log in.   The lack of structure in most Discord pages (eg. a "General" page with 30 different conversations about different things going on at once).   The "invite" process, where page owners love to say "come to my discord for support", then you can't find it for love nor money, and discover you need an "Invite" that never seems to arrive........   I could go on, but I'm getting more depressed by the second.

Discord works just fine once you take the time to understand how it works. It's up to the owner of the channel to keep his channel organized. That's on the owner not on Discord. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Discord works just fine once you take the time to understand how it works. It's up to the owner of the channel to keep his channel organized. That's on the owner not on Discord. 

Right there you have hit the nail on the head.......We all value our time differently.

Discord requires my phone number??? Tried it several times, disliked it. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now.

i7-4790k @ 4.4ghz for the moment. Asus z87-k mobo. GTX 1080, 32gb ram. couple of SSDs....Saitek X52

For me Discord is no way to go...

Been there, done that, got out, never back....

If an addon is supposed to get support only through Discord, then I'll skip it.

Presently I can still access Fenix Support without having to use a Discord account, so it's fine with me the way it is, but the day any addon changes to Discord only, it'll be one less in my setup.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

WT doesn't require a phone number to access their servers on Discord. Seems to be working for them......

On 1/23/2023 at 5:41 AM, cagarini said:

For me Discord is no way to go...

Been there, done that, got out, never back....

If an addon is supposed to get support only through Discord, then I'll skip it.

Presently I can still access Fenix Support without having to use a Discord account, so it's fine with me the way it is, but the day any addon changes to Discord only, it'll be one less in my setup.

The number of add ons using Discord is increasing by the day. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The number of add ons using Discord is increasing by the day. 

Yep :-/.... I'm 99,90% on Aerowinx PSX standalone now, so, no problem 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I totally get your frustration with having to give out your phone number for verification. It's definitely a privacy concern for a lot of people.