Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Anyway of doing simple modifications to an existing airstrip

Hi.

Have a thing that bugs me in MSFS. My local airstrip that Im currently doing my PPL schooling at (ESSZ) exists in MSFS but its really just a piece of grass, no runway markings at all.

In real life there is some read cone's and some runway lights around the runways. 

Im not after realism in this case, im more after a way of being able to distinguish the runway from the rest of the surrounding. Since all grass is the same height its almost inpossible in the simulator. Just wonder if there is a tool or anything similar to just add some cones or something around the runway?.

Niklas Eriksson

Hi there

Have a look at this video and take it from there...

good luck

Mick

Edited by Micko

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 TI, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

You've got two choices mainly - the in sim developer kit or Airport Design Editor by Scruffyduck. 

I don't know anything about Airport Design Editor but I believe it's simpler in general. 

If you just want some cones and runway lighting then the SDK wont be too much of a mind scramble. 

I wrote this for just such a happening - https://flightsim.to/file/17656/a-guide-to-msfs-scenery-creation which has project file examples in it too. 

• Like 2

If you wan’t to go deeper in your scenery creation there is a very good tutorial playlist from BenneyBoy444 on Youtube, it is covering all aspect of airport creation.

It looks complicated at the beginning but it is quite simple, 10 months ago i was a total newbie in scenery creation, take a look of what i created since then: https://flightsim.to/file/15260/cyqb-quebec-jean-lesage-intl-default-terminal

I am now in the process of learning 3d modeling in blender to add custom buildings to my scenery!