Sign in to follow this  
Darcy

Occasional flight all of a sudden stuttering, freezing

I have read this happening somewhere before but cannot find a solution that works.  I get the dreaded stuttering and freezing every so often (not every flight), I am able to save the flight, reload the flight and all is well. Not sure what is causing this but I have tried many things when this happens and only a save and restart works. After reload I can finish the flight with no problems. 5.3 with the hotfixes is the smoothest ever, except for this problem which happens every 3 flights or so.   Anyone else get this?  I have tried the power saving option, simlink reinstall, EA on and off, ASP3D restart.  No luck, save and reload only solution.

System:

CPU: 19-9900K cpu @3.60hz

memory: 32GB

GPU RTX 2080ti

Darcy Coutts

Hi, just wondering if you have seen/read this rather popular and large thread?  :-

Horrible FPS

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

Hi, just wondering if you have seen/read this rather popular and large thread?  :-

Horrible FPS

Yes I have seen this thread, but I thought my issue was different?  I get excellent fps and the smoothest flights ever since owning p3d.  It is just once in 3 or 4 flights that the issue pops up and a save and reload is the only option and then things are excellent again.  Maybe I should go back and wade through the thread but not sure it relates to my issue.

31 minutes ago, Darcy said:

Yes I have seen this thread, but I thought my issue was different?  I get excellent fps and the smoothest flights ever since owning p3d.  It is just once in 3 or 4 flights that the issue pops up and a save and reload is the only option and then things are excellent again.  Maybe I should go back and wade through the thread but not sure it relates to my issue.

It's exactly your issue. Lots of us have it. Only LM can fix it and last we heard, they are still trying to figure it out. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, Darcy said:

It is just once in 3 or 4 flights that the issue pops up and a save and reload is the only option and then things are excellent again. 

Not sure why you thought it is different.

It's practically verbatim what the linked thread is about.

But, on a good note, at least after reading it you won't feel alone. 😉

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes - it is a mystery. Same outcome here and I am sure we all have slightly different PC setups. For weeks 5.3 with HF1 smooth as in fact too amazing then wham simple flight stuttering or freezing and jumpy view behaviour. It does seem the solution is to shut it down, restart and redo then it is ok. I did also note a little tearing on the edge lines of what would be the LC textures that was evident now and then before HF1, then disappeared and now is back it seems to be a pointer to the way the terrain config and overlaying textures are being read and or loaded - that and the stuttering seem to be related on my system. 

We