Sign in to follow this  
Alti70

Avionics Master Switch - Just Flight PA28 Warrior II for FSX

Hi,

I am new here, and I come because of an advice of a Just Flight employee.

The topic is the Avionic Master Switch. You can't switch the switch on or off with configured keys or buttons. You are just able to toggle it by mouse click. Furthermore you only get the switch clicked from the right seat perspective. This is really bad when you want to start in the cold and dark mode. So when configure a key on the keyboard or a button an the Yoke and press the configured button nothing happend, just the Ampermeter flickers a little bit for a millisecond when I press the key, like turning on the avionic, but it didn't turned on or off.

I have a video displaying this, but I don't know how to insert.

As a responds from Just Flight I get the following mail:

Hi Heiko,

Thank you for your email.

Most of our aircraft is custom coded and will not be able to use the standard FSX commands.

To find out what commands to use you will need Doug Dawson's Lvar XML Gauge to put into the aircraft and either FSUIPC or SPAD.neXt to custom code your switch or keyboard commands.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to help program this, so you will need to head to a forum such as AVSIM for guidance on how to code this.

Kind regards

I hope you can help me, get rid of this bug.

I looked at Doug Dawson's home page, but had no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Heiko

Would it be possible to use your "Default flight" say starting with the default Baron58 at your local airport sitting in a cold and dark scenario with it's Avionics Master switch in the on position.  Save and make this your default flight.  Then any other flight and aircraft will start in this same condition, thus eliminating the need to flick the avionics switch on or off.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for the quick replay.

The topic is not that I am not able to turn on or off the Switch. I can do it with the mouse, but I want to have it on a switch on my throttle quadrant (later on a swich panel) to train the pre flight procedures. The other swiches are not the problem to click with the mouse and I also can configure them but not the Avionics Master.

But one position of the pre flight check list of the real PA28-161 Warrior II is "Avionics Master Switch     on" and this is important, because in reality when you turn on the Avionics before you start the engine, you kill the avionics while starting the engine. (or you have a high risk to do so, I never test it 😉 and I don't want to do it).

This is the reason why I want to have the switch on a physical switch to have a most realistiy pre flight procedure and shuting down procedure.

best wishes

Heiko

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did anyone ever find an answer to this? I'm trying to map this to a switch too and didn't find anything on other forums. 

I’d suggest  Linda and it’s tracer function for Lvars

also black box as Linda can’t see Avars.

Luke Pype