Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Majestic Q400 and windows 11

It seems that this airplane needs some help to work with windows 11.  On their forum the problem is mentioned and a fix is mentioned (DLL file).  However it is not mentioned where this fix is located.  I'd like to use this plane.  Anybody else have advice to get it working?  Thanks. 

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1239/windows-11-compatibility#latest

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

It seems that this airplane needs some help to work with windows 11.  On their forum the problem is mentioned and a fix is mentioned (DLL file).  However it is not mentioned where this fix is located.  I'd like to use this plane.  Anybody else have advice to get it working?  Thanks. 

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1239/windows-11-compatibility#latest

Hi Dave

Tried this link:

MJC8 Q400 (majesticsoftware.com)

2 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi Dave

Tried this link:

MJC8 Q400 (majesticsoftware.com)

This just takes me to the front of the majestic support page.  Not the DLL or a description of the fix?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Thanks @Rob_Ainscough  I see two files in there now.  Do I need both?  Actually a fresh install of windows 11 then added this plane back later. 

Agree on the challenges this plane brings.  A total reward though.  Truly one of those planes if I don't fly often I lose my skills quickly.  An Airbus or Boeing I can go months and jump right back in.  But not the Q. 

Edited by micstatic
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

Thanks for posting this! I just got the W11 upgrade so this would have been an unpleasant surprise. 

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

Just for info, I got informed that If you install the Visual Expansion Package, you dont need that files cause they are already inclduded there.

I compared both dll files and the one I have in my Panel folder (mjc84_main.dll) is later than the one I can download.

Make sure, that you wont "downgrade" your installation :)

• Like 2

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

1 hour ago, Flyinggok said:

Just for info, I got informed that If you install the Visual Expansion Package, you dont need that files cause they are already inclduded there.

I compared both dll files and the one I have in my Panel folder (mjc84_main.dll) is later than the one I can download.

Make sure, that you wont "downgrade" your installation 🙂

Very important information. Thanks, that answered my question I was just going to ask.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Guys.  I already had the visual enhancement package and was getting the problem where the hydraulics and screens are going crazy right at launch.  Most restarts it happens unless I just happen to get lucky when restarting.  

thanks so much.  I'll give it a try.  I really appreciate it. 

I need to put out this beauty from my Hangar again.

Last flight was a CTD midflight (no idea why) therefor she was in the Hangar a few month unfortunatley.

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Hello

... nm

Edited by RichieFly
nevermind

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 1/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yep, that means you need to uninstall Q400 and re-install the Q400.  If you have any routes saved back those up.  If you've modified the .ini to support 125Hz ops and external FMC and set your throttle/prop positions, then back that up also ... after uninstall be sure to wipe Q400 from SimObjects\Airplane (make sure folder is gone) ... then reinstall with:

mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64-inst.exe (510,211KB)

Copy your backed up .INI back along with your saved routes.

Now apply the Visual Enhancement Package (to avoid the error message I listed above as it seems to check the mjc84_main.dll version)

Now copy the updated mjc84syspan.exe to \SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\syspan

I don't believe you need to copy the updated mjc84_mail.dll to \SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel but I'm not sure ... let me check with Simeon.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob.  Finally able was to get back to this.  Your steps worked perfect.  Thanks so much.  

Had no interest in this until I picked up the Pilot Version not too long ago. Well, well, well. Still using the excellent tutorial (from the download page, not the skimpy one that comes with the install) to get confident. Can't say enough good things about it. Definitely not like anything I had ever seen before and very complex. Now I get the cult status.

• Upvote 1

I remember reading somewhere they are going to do an update to the visual enhancement package.  But can't remember where I saw that.  Anybody point me to it please?

12 hours ago, micstatic said:

I remember reading somewhere they are going to do an update to the visual enhancement package.  But can't remember where I saw that.  Anybody point me to it please?

Upcoming TRAINING Edition Release & Virtual Cockpit Re-Design for Prepar3D v4.5 and v5.2 — MJC Support Forum (majesticsoftware.com)

While this was a planned to-do-task, we know that many folks were not pleased with the level of detail provided in the Visual Extension Package, so we are implementing a significant re-design of the Virtual Cockpit of the Q400 for the P3D platform. Changes to be expected will for done on the 3D objects and cockpit structural elements (roof, walls and so on) including the instruments. Both the instrument texts and the EFIS screens resolution will be improved.

Completion of this phase of the VEP upgrade will be released for free to the owners of the Visual Extension package, as well as the Training edition of the Q400.

Edited by Tokitaumelie
  • Like 2