Sign in to follow this  
177B

Milviz PC-6 Short & Steep at WAYB Sugapa Video

WAYB Sugapa PC-6Love this Milviz version of the Porter PC-6. 

This is a dual view video (cockpit view and external chase) of the flight around this pattern, shot with an iPhone using the playback feature in FS2020. This sim is getting so good it is almost ridiculous, love it.

What better place to practice short and steep field T/O and Landings.

This is serious fun. I highly recommend this model.

You really have to do this approach right to stick it and make it up the hill, but the PC-6 makes this easy, sort of.

This was my first try at this field landing, I had taken off before, and you have to really watch the takeoff, don't really accelerate until after the lip of the drop-off. Or you will stall and nose in, ask me how I know...

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

It’s a great plane to fly - fully agree. Hope they will issue the steam gauge version soon, as they promised.

Could you elaborate on ‘shot with an iPhone’, please?

• Like 1

A nice video, Olof, showing well the serious fun flying in the boonies can be.  I can’t enough of the MV Porter these days ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

It’s a great plane to fly - fully agree. Hope they will issue the steam gauge version soon, as they promised.

Could you elaborate on ‘shot with an iPhone’, please?

I do the flight, and record using the BETA feature in FS2020. 

I fly with a 4 screen setup and Track IR using the Puck from Grassmonkey. 3 screens have the cockpit view. The fourth is a touch screen running AirManager. For the PC-6 I made a nice steam gauge panel.

I then set up an iPhone on a tripod just recording the middle cockpit screen. And I played back once recording internal view and once  using chase cam. Then I edited them together as a pic in pic video in FinalCut pro.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

1 minute ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Neat! Normally I get a lot of moiré when filming the screen with my iPhone, but yours doesn’t show that.

Shot in 4K and using FCP to downsize to HD. If you get moire just blur a bit and then resharpen in your edit SW.

You can still get moire when viewing w/o it being part of the recording, just the way your monitor/screen displays.

Pit.jpg

CORRECTION!

Bugalaga WX53 is the Airstip I was landing and taking off from.

WAYB was my departing Airport originally.

I like trying all these short and sometimes steep air strips

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Here is a Photo of my Sim Pit set up for the PC-6.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Love it! Tried it myself in the Kodiak, landing succeeded but you have to maintain 40 knots or so to get up the hill again. When I stay on the runway, taxiing is difficult, it turns to the left, even more so going uphill with slow speed.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)