Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

New Active Sky 8045

3 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

I also have 2 questions

1. When should you start the AS. When the SIm is ready or before.
2. Which settings are to be set with VC Clouds in order to get the best display.

Many thanks to the AS team. You really care about us
Frank

Hi Frank,

Re #1, you need to start ASP3D first and then the sim, otherwise some errors will occur later on I think that are GSX related -not able to get pushback in some instances..

Re #2, I think this is up to individuals settings on the your system. There's an interesting post here about settings with VC clouds enabled that may be of some help to you.

Regards

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

@787flyer

Thanks.

With the AS settings there are so many questions with VC ON

is it better to use Multilayer thunderstorm Clouds True or False
Enable detailed EA Clouds True or False

I also have my problems with the Visibility Options Settings

Frank

• Like 1

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

3 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

@787flyer

Thanks.

With the AS settings there are so many questions with VC ON

is it better to use Multilayer thunderstorm Clouds True or False
Enable detailed EA Clouds True or False

I also have my problems with the Visibility Options Settings

Frank

This depends on what you want, there is no „right“ or „wrong“, because if there was, you wouldn‘t need options.

a) Multilayer: While it looks a bit more spectacular, it will kill your FPS, so I‘d say „false“.
b) Detailed EA Clouds: It‘s very well written in the description what it does and what PROs and CONs are. When I was using Vol. Clouds I used „true“, because I like them a bit more edgy.

For Visibility I think I use the default-realistic settings, which I haven‘t noticed any drawback yet (EA on and VC off, what I use now).

19 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

In any case, many users prefer the legacy clouds and that does have benefits in many situations such as with variable theme weather depiction.

Damian, i hope this would not mean, we will never have variable theme waether without legacy cloud depiction. Please tell us that this is just a matter of time and development, once EA has adulted.

😬

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I have a very quick question that bugs me since the release of 5.2HF1 - do I need an option "Enable detailed EA clouds" if I DO use in-sim EA and I DO NOT use in-sim Volumetric Clouds.

Would be extremely helpful if someone shed a light on this matter.

Thanks

Edited by G-YMML1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Shomron said:

But are you no longer using ASCA?

From my understanding you use EA volumetric clouds?

I AM using ASCA. I have volumetric clouds  turned OFF!

Believe me, using volumetric clouds with EA and ASCA only makes the clouds look indefinable and without a specific clarity. They look like blurry marshmallows. They are quite ugly when I turn on even LOW volumetric clouds.  With Active Sky (latest version) and ASCA and Volumetric Clouds OFF, the clouds are puffy and NOT flat.  They look better and clearer and so much more beautiful to look at.  Maybe the day will come when there is not only a performance penalty for using VClouds, but also they will look realistic and improve the EA application within the sim.

Edited by spilok

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I have a very quick question that bugs me since the release of 5.2HF1 - do I need an option "Enable detailed EA clouds" if I DO use in-sim EA and I DO NOT use in-sim Volumetric Clouds.

You don't need it. As far as I have seen, it enables AS to control the VolumetricClouds file to obtain better visual results with volumetric clouds. If you use legacy clouds with EA you can turn it off, although I would assume it doesn't matter if it's on or off since AS knows whether you're using volumetric or legacy clouds.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, BerndB said:

Damian, i hope this would not mean, we will never have variable theme waether without legacy cloud depiction. Please tell us that this is just a matter of time and development, once EA has adulted.

😬

Dynamic weather theme for Volumetric Clouds will require LM to implement it with TruSky. LM have only implemented the global theme. Damian in the past has said they done work to roll out dynamic themes with Volumetric Clouds if/when LM release it. 

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Dynamic weather theme for Volumetric Clouds will require LM to implement it with TruSky. LM have only implemented the global theme. Damian in the past has said they done work to roll out dynamic themes with Volumetric Clouds if/when LM release it. 

This is by far the most pressing matter for LM to fix. EA is now good enough for me to use at all times of the day (with the shader fix shared in the P3D forums) but this is the only thing preventing me from ditching the old 2D clouds forever. We need volumetric clouds to be usable, and they are not usable in their current state (unless you prefer the early FSX-style global weather theme). If there is a future for P3D, I hope this is a high priority for LM.

• Upvote 3

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

You don't need it. As far as I have seen, it enables AS to control the VolumetricClouds file to obtain better visual results with volumetric clouds. If you use legacy clouds with EA you can turn it off, although I would assume it doesn't matter if it's on or off since AS knows whether you're using volumetric or legacy clouds.

Thanks for the clarification

20 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

This is by far the most pressing matter for LM to fix. EA is now good enough for me to use at all times of the day (with the shader fix shared in the P3D forums) but this is the only thing preventing me from ditching the old 2D clouds forever. We need volumetric clouds to be usable, and they are not usable in their current state (unless you prefer the early FSX-style global weather theme). If there is a future for P3D, I hope this is a high priority for LM.

I completely agree, however I don't think that this would be added via normal 5.X updates. I'd rather bet on the V6 this Summer/Fall

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I completely agree, however I don't think that this would be added via normal 5.X updates. I'd rather bet on the V6 this Summer/Fall

And then it will be either that or maintaining the tons of addons we have....

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

15 minutes ago, Shomron said:

And then it will be either that or maintaining the tons of addons we have....

Well...I have happily survived multiple transitions between the versions since V2 back in 2015 :-). No doubt we will make it through again with the V6. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Well...I have happily survived multiple transitions between the versions since V2 back in 2015 :-). No doubt we will make it through again with the V6. 

Only now the motivation of 3PDs to make new versions compatible is lower unfortunately...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

22 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Only now the motivation of 3PDs to make new versions compatible is lower unfortunately...

True. Too many developers have jumped ship that it will be interesting what kind of addon's we will have for V6.

LM is likely focusing on commercial contracts, and those commercial users likely have their own aircraft which they use for training not available to the public.