Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

Need recommendation for reliable, trustworthy GA plane

As others have said...The Kodiak and JF Pipers most definitely fit what you're looking for.  I'd probably give the slight edge to the Kodiak due to it's cheaper price and the fact it uses the G1000 NXI...bar none - the best avionics experience the sim has to offer right now.

• Like 1

This was taken from Just Flights website, I have this aircraft and it is a delight to fly, everything works and it looks good as well. At £14.99 it will not break the bank.

Lionheart Creations Trinidad TB21 GT MSFS

This is a sleek, modernistic, high-performance four-seat French aircraft that is capable of cruising at 200 MPH / 190 Knots. Featuring an all metal airframe, the Trinidad TB21 GT Turbos were fitted with 250HP Lycoming T-10 530s and fitted with constant-speed Hartzell three-bladed propellers.

This package features TWENTY TWO paint schemes, three different cabin upholstery themes and three different versions of panel colours, from gray to tan to neon blue. This aircraft is fitted with Team Asobo's leading edge avionics stack, with GNS530, GNS430, Bendix King Autopilot and Transponder.

The graphics in this package are insanely high resolution, averaging 4K HD in PBR format with bump mapping. This is NOT recommended for systems that can barely run Flight Simulator. This aircraft package is for Microsoft MSFS 2020 Flight Simulator and also the Steam Edition of MSFS.

A downloadable manual is available here. If you purchase the Trinidad, please be sure to read through the manual first to find out where all the cool hidden features are!

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

I had the JF TB20 for P3Dx64 and the flight dynamics were terrible in my opinion (although I have no experience of the real aircraft, it was very twitchy, prone to excessive roll on rotation and wouldn't slow down), and generally I just didn't "bond" with it despite really wanting to. The MFS version the interior textures look cartoony.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Kodiak or much simple Freedom Fox

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

40 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I had the JF TB20 for P3Dx64 and the flight dynamics were terrible in my opinion (although I have no experience of the real aircraft, it was very twitchy, prone to excessive roll on rotation and wouldn't slow down), and generally I just didn't "bond" with it despite really wanting to. The MFS version the interior textures look cartoony.

I find thTB20 in msfs very easy to fly with no vices, for the price it is good value.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Guest 6297J
29 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Kodiak or much simple Freedom Fox

I'm not sure which one of these to get first. I had PC issues for a couple of months so have only just come back to MSFS. The Kodiak is perhaps more for planned flights and the Fox for zipping around which is what I feel like doing for a while. I've not seen it discussed here much though. 

How bout the underrated Ryan STA?  It's gorgeous inside and out and has some challenging flight dynamics for takeoff and landing.

https://www.justflight.com/product/a1r-ryan-st-a-special

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SWS Kodiak or JF Warrior/Arrow would be my choices.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

My go-to plane is the Rob Young Turbo Bonanza with the G1000NXi.

As an alternative, the Carenado Seminole is nice to fly, if you prefer steam gauges.

• Like 2

Bert

Thanks a lot everybody for the suggestions 🙂

I tend to towards one of the Bonanza mods now, or to one of the Pipers.

One question about the Bonanza: Is the Turbo mod related to the G36 improvement project, or is that independent from that? Which one is better?

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

oh well, the Kodiak or the PC6 Porter (Milviz), are my favs for GA. After comes the SR22.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

2 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

Is the Turbo mod related to the G36 improvement project, or is that independent from that? Which one is better?

They are entirely separate but can co-exist on the same installation without affecting each other. The Improvement Project has many improvements the Turbo doesn't benefit from, which makes it my choice. 

Turbo normalised Bonanzas are hardly prototypical which puts me off it, plus it reduces normal operational aspects such as managing mixture that I want to practice; an IO-550 will get you to 10,000 ft just fine without any forced induction, and the turbo system produces no power benefit at low altitude.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

My vote is for the Kodiak and Rob Young's T-Bonanza, the latter is a free mod.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

7 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Heartily recommend this (modded G36)! For default planes, you can't get much better than this outside of Working Title's CJ4. It's my go-to for leisurely single engine low-ish/slow-ish flights with terrific range.

And Robert Young of RealAir fame  has modeled a well-done turbo version of the G36 as well.  Two stellar works applied to a default aircraft model.  Does not get much better than that in matching the original post questions.  I am flying it and the Kodiak only.  That as I await a Milviz GA twin and A2A 182.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere