Sign in to follow this  
fmloyola

PMDG update[11 jan]

6 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

All due respect to SeedyL, I don't think he's really the one to talk to....lol.  He's just trying to help.  It sounds like PMDG is already talking to ASOBO, they're just getting the answer they need.  They may not be understanding what they want and how to implement it.

I'll agree with that. I find it rather odd to be honest. I'm trying to make a point on the MSFS forums that seems to be over a few folks head about why the CM reached out to begin with. The communication has supposedly been open to the point where Randazzo makes it seem like they have each others numbers. The CM post is what I would expect to receive if they were reaching out to me as a consumer, not a high profile dev. Seedy was probably trying to be helpful, but it just adds to the level of odd.

• Like 4

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Randazzo has always run his mouth. That is what he does. Calling out Asobo like he did in the forums is probably not the best thing to do, but that is who he is. We can all speculate all we like about what is happening there behind the scenes. Some are more qualified to do that than others.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Maybe Randazzo needs to talk to a higher authority like Jorg Neumann maybe even try Phil Spencer to get guys at Asobo moving a little faster on his requests. Lets see how that works out.

Edited by jbdbow1970

my desire to buy anything PMDG has dropped 10 points (at least)

• Like 5

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

17 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Maybe Randazzo needs to talk to a higher authority like Jorg Neumann maybe even try Phil Spencer to get guys at Asobo moving a little faster on his requests. Lets see how that works out.

Yeah, you would think given Randazzo's 'place' in the community he would talk to Jorg once in a while.

Maybe it's a case of - who's calling me at this hour? Oh word not allowed, it's Randazzo...click...

6 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Yeah, you would think given Randazzo's 'place' in the community he would talk to Jorg once in a while.

Maybe it's a case of - who's calling me at this hour? Oh word not allowed, it's Randazzo...click...

Jorg when Rob calls hahaha

spacer.png

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

47 minutes ago, sightseer said:

my desire to buy anything PMDG has dropped 10 points (at least)

I'm not one for RSR's technique either, I wouldn't let anything like this influence my desire to buy a product.  I use a ton of products where companies say all sorts of things that bother me.  In the end, I separate that from the product itself.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What's making this all seem pretty bizarre to me is that I recall that PMDG were made an official partner of Asobo/MS not long ago. Regardless of whether that's just a marketing thing or not, you would think things would be more in line between them.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What's making this all seem pretty bizarre to me is that I recall that PMDG were made an official partner of Asobo/MS not long ago. Regardless of whether that's just a marketing thing or not, you would think things would be more in line between them.

Maybe they need relationship counselling. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, threegreen said:

you would think things would be more in line between them.

They can only be in line up to a point. If Asobo are saying that PMDG need to do things differently now, but PMDG are hung up on the past and the way they used to do things, then they aren't going to be on the same page -- one that PMDG will need to turn to.

Yes, that's as much speculation as the rest of what's here...

But I took something from Randazzo's forum post, when he said "if we are right" that the sim needs a fix... Well, maybe they aren't right. We don't know, and even if he stops being vague about it, we still won't know because we don't know Asobo's code. But his comment implies to me that Asobo have responded and he doesn't agree with the answer(s), which only means Asobo don't agree with him, not that he's right.

Well, either way, it seems that Asobo are at a disadvantage here, because they don't have a public voice, whereas Randazzo can make as many vague, negative statements as he wants in forum posts. It will be interesting to see if the Asobo guys are able to make comments in an upcoming Q&A, or if Jorg will do all the talking, or if it will even come up at all ... It'll be weird if Randazzo makes another appearance in MS's video update but he sings a sweeter song.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, March Hare said:

It'll be weird if Randazzo makes another appearance in MS's video update but he sings a sweeter song.

Then we would all know that Jorg privately threatened Randazzo with a system update right around the release date of the 737.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

Not when Aboso is prioritizing the Xbox system for this game and gearing it toward the casual console market!  

A Study level 3rd party add-on AC, that costs more than the casual gamer will spend (while playing this on Game Pass) is obviously not something Aboso care about spending time and resources on and I think Randazzo's frustration basically called them out on it!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

Very unprofessional what that pmdg guy is doing. It doesn’t do pmdg any favor of any kind 

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

19 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Very unprofessional what that pmdg guy is doing. It doesn’t do pmdg any favor of any kind 

It also does ASOBO no favours having no decent fully completed Airliners, I mean Rob is saying that he has no communication for over 100 days!
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/upcoming-pmdg-737-discussion/423051/456

Read the screen shots in the post! That's crazy, what do you expect him to do? ASOBO needs PMDG way more than PMDG needs ASOBO that is for sure!

• Like 2