Sign in to follow this  
BobKinSTL

Speed Brake Not Up

Flying the PMDG 737 NGXu with FS2Crew on P3D v4.5  It does not happen every time, maybe 1 out of 10 landings??  But with the speed brake armed I sometimes get the announcement from the F/O speed brake not up upon landing.  Anyone know why?  Thanks.

Bob Koehler

4 hours ago, BobKinSTL said:

Flying the PMDG 737 NGXu with FS2Crew on P3D v4.5  It does not happen every time, maybe 1 out of 10 landings??  But with the speed brake armed I sometimes get the announcement from the F/O speed brake not up upon landing.  Anyone know why?  Thanks.

Bob Koehler

Are you using any hardware connected to the speedbrake? 

Yes, I use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant.  I visually confirm in the cockpit that the speedbrake is armed during the landing checklist.  

Ummm I usually get that when I've made a bad landing and bounced.  

ngxu_banner.png

I thought possibly the same thing, and it may be true.  Not making a joke here but is it possible to land too softly and they don't deploy?  I always check my landing FPM on Luvcars before I submit my flight and it happened recently on about a -70 FPM touchdown.  Usually I'm around in the -100 to -200 range and sometimes firm -350.  

13 minutes ago, BobKinSTL said:

I thought possibly the same thing, and it may be true.  Not making a joke here but is it possible to land too softly and they don't deploy?  I always check my landing FPM on Luvcars before I submit my flight and it happened recently on about a -70 FPM touchdown.  Usually I'm around in the -100 to -200 range and sometimes firm -350.  

Are the spoilers auto deploying?

I guess I need to look at an outside view next time to see if they are indeed up or not.  I was just going by the F/O callout that they aren't.