Sign in to follow this  
aidanlegras

ORBX NZQN runway lighting spider web appearance

I have a problem that appears to be unique to ORBX NZQN add on. I contacted ORBX but they just suggested deleting the shaders folder, only problem is that I don't use any shaders and in any case it didn't work. Anyone have any experience with this?

spacer.png

Not sure I see what the issue is. However, Orbx suggested you delete your shader cache and let it rebuild. Everyone has one, and it is located at 

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi,

That's he COVID19 virus which has infected the lights 😉

Do you user HDR? In that case try to reduce the Bloom factor.

Rgds
Reinhard

On 1/13/2022 at 3:53 AM, Howellerman said:

Not sure I see what the issue is. However, Orbx suggested you delete your shader cache and let it rebuild. Everyone has one, and it is located at 

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

So the issue is the white runway edge lights, they are a spiderweb shape sitting at 90 degrees to the runway surface and are supposed to be the same appearance as the red papi lights in the background. It's only NZQN that does this for me.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:16 AM, aua668 said:

Hi,

That's he COVID19 virus which has infected the lights 😉

Do you user HDR? In that case try to reduce the Bloom factor.

Rgds
Reinhard

I tried as you suggested, first reducing bloom (from 0.44 to something less, then nothing) that didn't work. Then I tried leaving it at zero and switching off HDR, obviously I restarted the sim with those settings. It didn't work, but thanks for trying. 

3 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

"So the issue is the white runway edge lights, they are a spiderweb shape sitting at 90 degrees to the runway surface and are supposed to be the same appearance as the red papi lights in the background. It's only NZQN that does this for me."

Ah, I understand now. Yeah, those are just little bitmaps that are poorly selected. If you look closely at them they are actually little square pictures of a "light", not necessarily a runway light.

You may want to play around and see if you can substitute airport lights from a different airport. This is kind of hit or miss, but you are dealing with a iron-clad light depiction that you can only change via substitution.

Good luck!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

What you are seeing is a texture, not a true light.  It looks like the developer is trying to simulate a volumetric style effect to make the light look brighter.  No way fix this without changing the texture being used.

Edited by exeodus

Alan

Hey Aidanlegras -- how did you get the purple sunset?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:15 AM, exeodus said:

What you are seeing is a texture, not a true light.  It looks like the developer is trying to simulate a volumetric style effect to make the light look brighter.  No way fix this without changing the texture being used.

Ok, thanks. ORBX have shown me that they have different looking lighting at NZQN.

On 1/16/2022 at 7:56 AM, pgde said:

Hey Aidanlegras -- how did you get the purple sunset?

I am not aware, I have just set the time of day as Dusk, that is all.