Sign in to follow this  
pilot87

[Answered] TFS Q400 Strobe Lights

Hi Simbol,

Hope you're staying safe and healthy!

I wasn't able to find any reference to this, so wondering if perhaps there's something not quite right with my setup. It is my understanding (and observation) that the 100, 200 and 300 series Dash-8's utilise a vertical stabiliser rotating beacon and traditional wingtip strobes however the Q400 utilises a single top flashing red beacon (recognition light and combination vertical stabiliser/bottom fuselage strobe (or anti-collision light as Bombardier call it) with no wing tip strobes. The AOM I have confirms this.   

With AI Lights Reborn, there are wing tip strobes flashing with the tail/fuselage strobes and the configuration seems to confirm this, with strobes listed with 4 different positions:

[FSREBORN_LIGHTS_CTRL]
light.0=3, 3.55, -46.64, 0.35, fx_navred
light.1=3, 3.55, 46.64, 0.35, fx_navgre
light.2=2, 4.05, -46.65, 0.35, fx_strobe
light.3=2, 4.05, 46.65,0.35 , fx_strobe
light.4=1, 9.25, 0, -9.85, fx_strobe
light.5=1, 18.51, 0, -1.28, fx_beacon
light.6=1, -48.5, 0, 13.1, fx_strobe
light.7=3, -56.3, 0, 12.2, fx_navwhi

I imagine I could delete the two entries that have similar positions to the navigation lights and renumber the rest but I'm wondering what controls this? Is this something connected with the attached objects of the TFS model or is this something that AI Lights Reborn determines from an internal directory? I also imagine that doing this would be overwritten anytime I run the apply settings function in the future?

The lights section of the aircraft.cfg seems to suggest that it's a function of AI Lights Reborn as only one strobe position is listed:

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0=3, 3.55, -46.64, 0.35, fx_fsreborn_navred2836
light.1=3, 3.55, 46.64, 0.35, fx_fsreborn_navgre2836
light.2=2, 0, 0, 0, fx_fsreborn_stcs2836
light.3=1, 18.51, 0, -1.28, fx_fsreborn_beacon2836
light.4=3, -56.3, 0, 12.2, fx_fsreborn_navwhi2836

I know text can hide tone so I wish to assure you that I am in no way complaining, to the contrary the lack of reports leads me to believe an error on my part or set up. Are you able to advise how AI Lights Reborn handles this allocation?

If relevant I have the Professional Edition and the version number is currently showing 1.36.0

Kind regards,

Haydn

Hi There,

If you want to edit the configured lights the best course of action is to:

A) Restore the original AI Lights via AILRP config tab.

B) Edit the original [LIGHTS] section of the aircraft and configure it the way you want it. 

C) Once you have the aircraft with the lights config you need, perform a RE-SCAN of your AI Models so AILRP takes the new config forward.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

S.

• Like 1

Ah yes, I see now that the original [Lights] section is edited by AILRP and therefore not reflective of the original.

I have followed the steps and now the wingtip strobes are gone. I'm imagining that any updates via AIM-OCI will overwrite that, so may raise that with AIG as well.

Many thanks once again for your fantastic and expeditious support!! 

• Like 1