Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Single Pilot Jet Recommendations?

I've heard the Justflight BAe Hawk is excellent.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've been looking at both of those actually, but since i'm using a Honeycomb yoke & throttle setup I think it would be wasted in a way (and likely feel a bit odd as well) on those highly specialized military type cockpits, as awesomely done as they are 🙂

But yea, if I had a Warthog setup I'd surely be all over that stuff!

Edited by hangar

If you’re thinking more business jet than military jet then you already have the best one.  Otherwise, there are a couple of “microjets” available that would be single pilot…the BD-5J and there’s the C-22J Ventura which is over at Simmarket and I’ve heard is quite good for the cost…it looks like a jet GA aircraft.  Uses a stick in real life but not quite military if that floats your boat.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

One or both of these

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

SSW F104!

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've heard the Justflight BAe Hawk is excellent.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would add if you’re willing to go military I agree the Hawk is great and I’m also really enjoying the F-35, though you may want to wait for a patch on that one as a lot of people are having CTDs (mine seem to have gone away after updating video drivers).  The F-104 is definitely on my wish list too.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If seeking non military I just think there's nothing aside from the CJ that is out yet.

I like the C700 mod with WT g3000 but it's not nearly as good as the g1000 NXi.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts guys.

Yea I was afraid the CJ4 was the only real GA option, but I've been away for awhile and wanted to be more certain about that.

I just feel the flight model needs some love and attention as it feels so mushy. Dunno if it's too much inertia or what, but it reminds me of the old super stable fsx planes that fly on rails...you know, touch down at vref and the nose just floats forever before it finally comes down, hehe. You don't seem to notice the winds too much on final either, or maybe it's just alot more stable than what I'm used to.

I'm considering the Hawk T1 still because I do have a TM16000 flight stick I suppose I could use for it.

I've got to admit I'm not a huge fan of the CJ flight model either.  But what do I know?  It may be a very stable very boring aircraft to fly irl.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've got to admit I'm not a huge fan of the CJ flight model either.  But what do I know?  It may be a very stable very boring aircraft to fly irl.

I didn't even mention that last night I was about 8 miles out on final approach and had flaps 15 & gear down with throttles at idle and I was dragging her in at around 165kts I think. I could have glided like that all the way to the runway...my reaction to her not slowing and stalling was like huh, what the...? It was like she became a gliding cessna jet 🙂 Talk about slippery, hehe, I continued on that way for about 3 or 4 miles without losing anymore airspeed or lift.

Edited by hangar

In fast mil-jets I do like the G91 but it is quite realistic and not for the faint hearted.

Like all cold war jets really, energy management is critical. and it is very easy, especially when landing, to find yourself sitting in a barely controllable lawn dart.  Even with the drag chute to help,  landing the G91 without either smacking into the threshold with no energy or running off the end of the runway with too much energy takes some degree of practice and skill.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Aerosoft CRJ.  It's become my go-to aircraft.

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

2 minutes ago, JeffF said:

Aerosoft CRJ.  It's become my go-to aircraft.

It's decent but definitely has some quirks especially in the department of localizer and lnav lateral tracking.  It has been been slightly improved via patches.  I don't fly it much cause mine takes forever to load (the same livery).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

2 hours ago, hangar said:

Yea I was afraid the CJ4 was the only real GA option, but I've been away for awhile and wanted to be more certain about that.

Actual single pilot approved business jets in real-life is a pretty niche market so it isn't too surprising, to me at least, that the options in the sim are limited.

Edited by MrNuke