Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

P3Dv5.3...WOW!

2 hours ago, BerndB said:

I love the new feature which was introduced with 5.3 that the percipitation like snow and rain is reflecting or interacting with dynamic light

Wow. I read the release notes, but this I didn't notice. Looking forward even more now to the version that is around the corner.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Are there any plans to implement some sort of error/warning log for long pauses, like they do with content errors? I'm not sure how much help it will provide, but it's a start to tracking down some of the issues and causes.

Luke, for a long time I have had a flightplan I could load of a familiar area I used to fly in when I first began my flying lessons.  From Gnoss Field just north of San Francisco to San Francisco IAP.  It's about a 20 minute flight and covers rural, urban, city and a short over the water flight.

The pauses always occurred at the same places with every simulator I had from FSX to FSX-Steam and all the P3Ds beginning with V3.  At the Richmond Bridge there was always 3 to 4 second pause.  At Angel Island about 5 to 6 second pause and a smaller pause at Alcatraz.  And there was skipping at various points along the route.

With P3Dv5.3 it all disappeared except for 1 to 2 second pause while flying over San Francisco.  No skips at all.  And at every point along the way my framerates were more than doubled.  From 13-16 FPS to 30-40 FLS when overflying San Francisco.

I will add that this is with Orbx Northern California installed.  I also have My Traffic installed and both Airline and GA traffic set to 25%.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Rob,

My understanding is that it's with Volumetric Clouds ON, right?

Actually, I have a question for those folks who fell in love with 5.3 - are you PRO Volumetric Clouds or AGAINST it? Guess we need a poll! 

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I'm in the forums everyday ... downloading HF2 as I type this.

Cheers, Rob.

Wait...There is another hotfix coming on top 5.3HF1-HF1--- might as well call it 5.4

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Actually, I have a question for those folks who fell in love with 5.3 - are you PRO Volumetric Clouds or AGAINST it? Guess we need a poll! 

Off. ASCA + EA number one for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Is the new hot fix ready to go for the pause/stutter issue?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm currently using EA w/o VC. But I really want to keep using Volumetric Clouds, since it actually behaves like a cloud, and gives a feeling of IMC when inside, unlike the legacy clouds that don't behave like a cloud at all. Although when using VC, it doesn't depict other cloud formation which is severely lacking and needed for a flight sim to be flyable. Hope it gets better in next updates. 

• Like 1

Romano Lara
0yad8s-6.png

2 hours ago, joepoway said:

Is the new hot fix ready to go for the pause/stutter issue?

Joe

We are testing the hotfix and interacting with LM at this one. 

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/12/2022 at 11:26 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Not sure what that means?  It's available/supported for developers (not many) to use and there are airports using it.

Cheers, Rob.

Reference to the difficulty in placing ground polys over sloped terrain perhaps?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

15 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Wow. I read the release notes, but this I didn't notice. Looking forward even more now to the version that is around the corner.

Not to forget, that the athmosphere of EA now is folowing the earth curvature since 5.3., and you can notice that the cloud coverage far at the horizon is following earths roundness. This is very important especially if you usually fly in high altitudes.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Hi, are you allowed to publish a changelog? Really curious if they did anything about EA sky colors for ozone.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

21 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Hi, are you allowed to publish a changelog? Really curious if they did anything about EA sky colors for ozone.

We aren´t allowed to say anything further (NDA). 

😉 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

We aren´t allowed to say anything further (NDA). 

😉

Marcus

Praying for a quick beta test, LM turnaround. Be nice to have it for this weekend but don't think it will be. 

Eric 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:34 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

LM believe they have a fix for these pauses, we should be Beta testing them very soon.  Also some addition items.

You can gain even better frametime delta consistency (what I call smoothness since I'm not an FPS chaser) by optimizing your AffinityMask and core assignments using various tools like Process Lasso, FSUIPC, cmd, etc.

If we follow LM's release history there will be at least a 5.4 and maybe a 5.5 before year end and V6 towards end of 2022 or early 2023.

If V6 contains the following:

• Native Ambient Occlusion support (squash all claims of "cartoon look")
  • Volumetric Sun/Moon lighting sources 
  • Orbx Global + HD Buildings, HD Trees + all TE products (converted to PBR with AO support) and included in the base package
  • SDK tools that don't require roundtrips (i.e. exit P3D, make changes, start P3D, exit P3D, make changes, start P3D)

I think there would be enough user market to keep DLC providers interested.

Cheers, Rob.

That's good. My P3D v5 with the latest version is smooth except I have pauses at certain places. They are too lengthy to call them stutters. The same locations every time, with and without any add on scenery, with high graphics settings and low settings.

I am planning to try and implement your suggestions in the Project Lasso video, but first I decided to do a complete uninstall of P3D and a fresh, clean install just to rule out any issues there. Having done so, the same pauses are still there at the exact same places.

Calum Watt