Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

Official Forum mods...

...there was a thread just now, closed and "unlisted", many posts full of proper constructive criticism of the handling of the simulator (some not so to be fair), it's become a Forum whereby you can only be "Happy" with the Sim to be able to post. I've noticed more and more threads like this, that dare question certain aspects of the Sim, have been Closed and deleted in recent weeks, like the Mods have had instructions from the top to promote only the Praisers.

Don't get me wrong, ranting and toy throwing is boring & pointless, but properly constructed criticism does help Devs understand where the fundamental frustrations lie. Otherwise they carry on blissfully unaware that there are concerns amongst the community. Instead they read the "Hey Asobo everything's AWESOME" type threads and the actual thread during the Beta phase entitled "SU7 Update - BETA is Perfect" - when I dared question in that very thread by pointing out the very fact it was FAR from "Perfect" guess what....posts (not just mine) were deleted.

I'm all for praising the Sim when it matters, I've done it plenty of times myself. But to ignorantly dismiss most forms of criticism is a dangerous step IMO, the Devs need to listen to *all* feedback, both good AND bad - the Forum Mods are not helping.

I'd post this on the Official Forum but...ya know!

• Upvote 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I disgree 😉 . I see a fair bit of critical content - but it's usually mixed with suggested fixes or workarounds. By now, we all know how frustrating MSFS can be so there's no point in repeating the "unfinished/buggy/broken" mantra on its own.

It's hard to NOT allow your frustration to show (and I've been moderated myself for that!!) ... but I wouldn't say Avsim has become a "fanboi" site ... far from it. It's my first port of call for MSFS-related stuff - especially if I hit a problem of some kind.

UPDATE: WUPS!! Senior moment: I didn't read the subject line properly! The topic is the Official MSFS Forum (sorreee!).

Edited by Adamski_NZ
  • Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

MarkG was talking about the MSFS forum, not Avsim

• Upvote 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

eerr yeah as per thread title *Official* Forum Mods not the fine folk at AVSim they're great!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yes, I noticed that too. It's pretty same at Nexusmod where you can only "post positive" or you'll be a throll or something like that. I avoid theses sorts of forums or websites driven by little "web's cops".

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

The Official MS Forum is pretty intolerant of folks bringing up topics they consider "too critical".  

• Like 1

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

To be fair though there’s also an awful lot of repetition, especially of the ‘I think the devs should pay more attention to this so I’m going to start a new thread even though there are 20 already going’. I find a lot of closed topics are merged with others.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I think there's been far too much negativity over there and Im glad to see some of it shut down.  It gets tiring reading "Is the sim 1 billion percent perfect or does Asobo need to rip it all completely out and start over from scratch"?

Asobo knows there are problems and they're working on them -- and also Working Title and maybe others for all I know.

Sometimes it seems that some want the sim to fail.

• Like 5

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Standby for a shock but;

’Official’ forums are not any sort of a democracy.

When you sign up it’s their house, their rules.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Eclex said:

MarkG was talking about the MSFS forum, not Avsim

Wups! Thanks for the correction! Looks like I need those bifocals after all!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

25 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I think there's been far too much negativity over there and Im glad to see some of it shut down.  It gets tiring reading "Is the sim 1 billion percent perfect or does Asobo need to rip it all completely out and start over from scratch"?

Asobo knows there are problems and they're working on them -- and also Working Title and maybe others for all I know.

Sometimes it seems that some want the sim to fail.

I agree. And I'd like to add I took advantage of a lot of info from the official forum, mostly VR-, performance- or home-cockpit-related. There are several high-level texts and notes which are hard to find elsewhere.

I don't take any benefit from one more topic stating clouds are lousy or an "open letter to MS/AS" asking MS to stop parallel development for PC and X-Box (just seen today and already removed).

A lot of factual critial statements are retained in the forum. See the threads on PG or disregard of VR, as an example.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 6

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

ranting and toy throwing is boring & pointless

Many threads that started by objectively discussing some of the shortcomings, eventually ended up derailed because of these comments.

Im sure Asobo is listening, otherwise we wouldn't be having updates, listening/reading through stupid comments with nothing constructive, is a waste of Asobo's time. So good for them and the Mods.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I like how it's moderated. Too many rants and "I am leaving" posts. People go to forums to share ideas and opinions or for help. Not to listen to endless rants.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Don't forget that the few things that have been successfully fixed in this game were because of the 'rants' and 'negativity' that seems to nauseate some of you.  If reading less than glowing comments bothers ya, don't read them.  You can almost always tell by the thread title.

I say that complaining is just  as important as praise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

But to ignorantly dismiss most forms of criticism is a dangerous step IMO, the Devs need to listen to *all* feedback, both good AND bad - the Forum Mods are not helping.

Seems you've made some assumptions ('to ignorantly dismiss...Devs need to listen...) in this comment unless you really have inside knowledge about exactly what happens when a thread is closed by a forum moderator.  Could be they only become inaccessible to the public, that they review and take what they can out of them, but don't care to watch what often starts as useful feedback then degrade into something fundamentally no longer useful to downright nasty and inaccurate.  Like fish, even well-intentioned feedback eventually can start to stink!  My guess is that they are hyperaware of the product's shortcomings and perhaps even have the issue brought up and then closed by a moderator already addressed in their internal development roadmap.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X