Sign in to follow this  
Rasta_Dude

Severe stutters with unknown cause

It's like some in this thread are posting in a vacum, oblivious to multiple pages threads here and at LM, even after it being pointed on. Unbelievable. Lol.... 

• Upvote 2

Eric 

Rude comments by some in this thread are unacceptable. If you do not have a constructive comment then don't post anything. 

A splendid suggestion such as please use the search function or scan the forum as we have several threads on this issue would be the way to respond. 

Anymore condescending replies will earn the member a vacation. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

After asking Rick (188AHC) to re-open my thread he was so kind to do so. Because my stutter issue in P3D unfortunately still persists and it would be so nice if I could find a solution for it finally.
Thanks again for re-opening the post! 🙂

As I already stated earlier I experience this issue since P3D v5.1 HF1, then changed to P3D v5.3 HF1 + LF and currently I'm on P3D v5.3 HF2 (v5.3.17.28160) (the issue occured in all of those versions).
I always update my P3D through a full reinstallation, which means I completely uninstall/delete the previous version and all of it's old files and folders left over.
As recommended before I went through all big threads (on Avsim and LM forum, etc.) related to the issue and tried the steps mentioned there but nothing helped.

I remember that the issue started around June/July 2021 and first I thought the reason is a new installed scenery but as I already disabled all Add-Ons this is more likely not the case I think.

I've expanded my list a bit of all things I already tested:

- completely reinstalled P3D a few times (clean <-- deleted every folder, file & old registry entries from previous installations)
- cleared Shaders
- General Debugging Steps
- deleted generated files (but not my Add-Ons)
- disabled ALL Add-Ons inside Lorby SI's Addon-Organizer ('Scenery', 'Packages', etc...)
- HT on / off with and without special AffinityMask's
- used different combinations of VSync, Variable Refresh Rate and Tripple Buffering
- disabled fullscreen optimization
- set higher priority in Task Manager
- excluded all folders and files related to P3D + Add-Ons from anti-virus scanning
- disabled FSUIPC Autosave feature
- disabled and uninstalled Navigraph Simlink
- disabled Win10 Platform Clock & Dynamic Tick and used legacy TSC Sync Policy (set with 'bcdedit' CMD-commands)
- reinstalled Nvidia GPU driver with the DDU tool in Windows safe mode (I did not install Audio driver and GeForce Experience)
- limited and unlimited the FPS via Nvidia Control Panel and/or the P3D settings
- changed Power Management inside Nvidia Control Panel
- changed Power Management of Windows from "AMD Ryzen Balanced" to "High Performance"
- played around with many application settings in Nvidia Control Panel
- checked CPU and GPU for Thermal Throttling
- checked SSD with different applications for errors, incompatibilities & updates (Samsung Magician, CrystalDiskInfo, etc...)
- checked add-on.XML's, SODE folder & GSX profiles (for missing objects or "empty paths")
- checked every application/Add-On related to Flight-Simulation for updates
- checked for updates of BIOS-, Audio-, LAN-, Chipset-drivers, etc. on my mainboard's vendor page
- disabled "fast start-up" in Windows power options
- disabled "Storage Sense" in Windows storage settings
- disabled "Game Mode" in Windows Gaming settings
- disabled "Xbox Game Bar" in Windows Gaming settings
- changed and played around with my P3D settings
- disabled HTML5- and reverted back to Scaleform-menu (legacy SimConnect-menu) (changed entries in "missionpanels.cfg"-file)
- checked Windows permissions of my P3D- and Add-Ons folders

I'm very thankful for any idea!

Kind regards

Adrian

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

Hi Adrian, first thing first  , do you have stutter everywhere with all your aircraft ? (consistently or random)

i have also issues but it might be related (yet)

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael, thanks for your fast response!

I experience the issue in every aircraft and actually all over the globe. But I recognized that in very dense regions (with a lot of custom scenery/airports around) the stutter periods are much more frequent and sometimes even longer.

When I only fly over ocean or big water areas (without much details) the stutters are minimal in comparison to dense areas or land areas in general.

When I disabled ALL my Add-Ons (scenery, packages, etc...) I even had shorter but still recognizable stutter periods when I loaded the default P3D flight, took off and flew around a bit.

Kind regards

Adrian

Edited by Rasta_Dude

22 minutes ago, Rasta_Dude said:

Hi Michael, thanks for your fast response!

I experience the issue in every aircraft and actually all over the globe. But I recognized that in very dense regions (with a lot of custom scenery/airports around) the stutter periods are much more frequent and sometimes even longer.

When I only fly over ocean or big water areas (without much details) the stutters are minimal in comparison to dense areas or land areas in general.

When I disabled ALL my Add-Ons (scenery, packages, etc...) I even had shorter but still recognizable stutter periods when I loaded the default P3D flight, took off and flew around a bit.

Kind regards

Adrian

As a beta tester I am aware of the fact P3D has issues reading BGL files containing huge amount of data.

For example this is the case at default EFHK (Rob Aina tough found it there for instance). But it is not ONLY that area as others have found out already. 

LM is looking into this. 

I myself have this issue also. I fly mainly VR so my PC works on the edge all the time and stutters occure more likely then. But since 5.3 they have occured more often then prior versions. 

Regards 

Marcus

• Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hey Marcus, thanks that sounds quite promising that the issue is possibly not on my side..
As soon as I'm back on my PC tomorrow I will test a scenario in default EFHK. Maybe the issue comes more frequent there. I'll report back as soon as I can.

One question, Marcus: can you also see heavy usage drops of your CPU / GPU activity while the issue appears?

Thanks and kind regards!

Adrian

1 minute ago, Rasta_Dude said:

Hey Marcus, thanks that sounds quite promising that the issue is possibly not on my side..
As soon as I'm back on my PC tomorrow I will test a scenario in default EFHK. Maybe the issue comes more frequent there. I'll report back as soon as I can.

One question, Marcus: can you also see heavy usage drops of your CPU / GPU activity while the issue appears?

Thanks and kind regards!

Adrian

Yes..... CPU and GPU drop to idle at that short moment yes. It waits for the data ....

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 2/12/2022 at 12:30 AM, mpo910 said:

Yes..... CPU and GPU drop to idle at that short moment yes. It waits for the data ....

Ok that's very interesting.

I'm sorry for not responding for 3 days but I had a few private things to do first.

I flew around with a default F16 at default EFHK. The stutter periods appeared quiet rare and short but were present a bit like in the default P3D scenario at Randolph AFB (KRND).
As I already mentioned the more custom scenery around the more and longer I get stutters, so the explanation of slow reading BGL's makes a lot of sense to me, but I'm not a developer.

So would be the way to simply wait for a new update of P3D and hoping the issue got sorted out?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Adrian

12 hours ago, Rasta_Dude said:

Ok that's very interesting.

I'm sorry for not responding for 3 days but I had a few private things to do first.

I flew around with a default F16 at default EFHK. The stutter periods appeared quiet rare and short but were present a bit like in the default P3D scenario at Randolph AFB (KRND).
As I already mentioned the more custom scenery around the more and longer I get stutters, so the explanation of slow reading BGL's makes a lot of sense to me, but I'm not a developer.

So would be the way to simply wait for a new update of P3D and hoping the issue got sorted out?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Adrian

Yes. Wait but definitely report your finding over at LM Support Forum. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

So Marcus do you recommend to wait with updating to 5.3 HF2 and rather go for the next point update (ie. the 5.4)? I am on 5.1 latest hotfix. 

Mainly flying VR (PMDG, Active Sky) and after your guidance on this and other Forums I have a fairly good system running currently but I am eager to try out 5.3 HF2 due to the reported improved performance but I have held back due to the stutter issues.  

I have a 10900KF and 3090 card. 

Would appreciate any guidance on updating before I will start a full reinstall. Would the performance improvement outweigh the current drawbacks of the stuttering?

Edited by N119UA
Clarification
  • Like 1

Søren Geertsen

Hi Adrian,

If you haven't done it, try in P3D - Options - World - Autogen and Scenery Draw distance to set it to Medium.

I had frequent stutters with Autogen on Very Hight who disappeared by switching to Hight while in the EFHK pay scenario I have to put Medium to make the stutters disappear.

Of course we hope that LM who is aware as mentioned by Marcus (@ mpo910) will fix this in the next update.

• Like 1

Are there any real clues on this out there? It appears 5.3 is the culprit.

I've played around with settings, reinstalled shaders as I always do now with every update, and still on about 50-60% of flights, I'm getting 4-10 fps in random segments at cruise. It will last until I restart the sim. Has any solution that seems universal worked for anyone yet?

Unfortunately the LM forum has proven useless for this, as the "experts" insist on gatekeeping every discussion and copy-paste spamming their advice. I've found 5 threads on there that mention the same issue, but get bogged down immediately.

I don't think my issue is linked to large BGL data? These stutters and issues keep happening at cruise over largely empty stretches of land or water.

Edited by mspencer
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:41 AM, G-RFRY said:

Have you tried opening Task Manager then performance then click on Ethernet while in flight to see if anything trying to run when the stutters happen. Even no flight programs sometimes interact with net connection.

That is one thing I noticed, I don't have much of a problem but when I do the Internet monitor peaks at the same time.  I thought it could be weather downloading but not really sure.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I was having stutters and removed envtex/envshade and reinstalled the prepar3d client installer.  That fixed the stutters for me.

• Like 1

Orman