Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Kodiak 100 ILS procedure

Hi,

I try to shoot an ILS approach with the Kodiak 100 but it doesn't follow the Glide slope. I select "apr" button on the autopilot. What is the exact procedure?. Thanks a lot.

Real

Real Deraps

30 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

I try to shoot an ILS approach with the Kodiak 100 but it doesn't follow the Glide slope. I select "apr" button on the autopilot. What is the exact procedure?. Thanks a lot.

What ILS approach at what airport?

Is the HSI in VLOC/NAV mode (not GPS mode)?

Does the AP capture the Localizer?

Are you intercepting the glide slope from below?

Al

Edited by ark

Are you using Default G 1000 or NXI version?

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

48 minutes ago, ark said:

What ILS approach at what airport?

Is the HSI in VLOC/NAV mode (not GPS mode)?

Does the AP capture the Localizer?

Are you intercepting the glide slope from below?

Al

And did he tune the NAV radio to the appropriate ILS frequency?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Automatic on the NXI. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Valid question,  that's one of the reasons why I asked about capturing the Localizer.

Al

Since he only mentions the GS I think LOC isn't a problem. I do indeed think the OP forgets to press the CDI buttons to switch from GPS to NAV mode. The AP will follow the magenta line in GPS mode but will fail at the GS.

4 hours ago, Lmaire said:

What is the exact procedure?

Before the FAF, best while on course to intercept the LOC, set the correct (probably current) heading, switch the AP to HDG mode, click CDI to switch from NAV to HDG mode, press APPR to arm the ILS (LOC and GS).

I use default G1000 , and HSI was in Vloc mode and i had the right ILS frequency but i'll give another try to see if that's my mistake. Thank you all.

Real Deraps

50 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

I use default G1000 , and HSI was in Vloc mode and i had the right ILS frequency but i'll give another try to see if that's my mistake. Thank you all.

My recommendation is to install  the NXI update to the G 1000. It is free and you get it at the marketplace. It is 100 times better than the default G 1000, and it does all the frequency switching on approach automatically. The default G 1000 is soon to be phased out anyway. 

Edited by Bobsk8

53 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

If you capture the Localizer you have the correct ILS freq. I also strongly suggest you switch to the free G1000NXi. All you have to do is download it in the MarketPlace -- no other install process is necessary. But you must remove any G1000 mods you might have from your Community folder if you switch to the G1000NXi.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi,

Wow, i've finally installed the G1000 NXi version. Really much better and i've just landed in poor weather conditions and the ILS brought me right on the threshold. Thank you very much for your assistance.

• Like 1

Real Deraps

1 hour ago, Lmaire said:

Hi,

Wow, i've finally installed the G1000 NXi version. Really much better and i've just landed in poor weather conditions and the ILS brought me right on the threshold. Thank you very much for your assistance.

I am surprised how many people are flying with the default G 1000 when the NXI version is easily available and free. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am surprised how many people are flying with the default G 1000 when the NXI version is easily available and free. 

I think people just aren't aware that something free would be in the marketplace.  I think really only the hardcore simmers even know what it is hehe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Once you've utilized the WT G1000 NXi, you'll be hardpressed to use any of the other substandard offerings.

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

IMO, anything none NXI in this game is rinky dink at its best. And people complain about clouds and fog when the GPS's and importing flight plans leave a lot to be desired.

5 MHz 8087 IBM Clone, 640k RAM, 10 MB HD, Hercules 64k Graphics card, 14 in Monochrome Monitor, CH Products Mach-1 Joy Stick.