Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Flight1/iFly announce Expansion Pack for the P3Dv5 737

On 1/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, micstatic said:

Any talk of them making this plane compatible with the cockpit master fcu?

Off topic, but that would be up to the cdu maker.  The SDK will be freely available.

Best,

Jim

On 1/13/2022 at 5:21 PM, micstatic said:

really hoping for a MAX expansion!

THIS would certainly make me buy their 737 (which I wouldn't do otherwise, since I got the PMDG one)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

THIS would certainly make me buy their 737 (which I wouldn't do otherwise, since I got the PMDG one)

Exactly sums up my perspective 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

57 minutes ago, Jim Harnes said:

Off topic, but that would be up to the cdu maker.  The SDK will be freely available.

Best,

Jim

Off topic sort of.  But not really.  While it would be up to the CDU maker, it would also be a good idea for the iFly makers to work proactively with them to make it.  They are an under dog in this space compared to PMDG.  The CDU already works with multiple planes in multiple sims.  So if I'm iFly I wouldn't want people to not by my plane because they can't use their hardware.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Having both the PMDG NGXu and the new iFly bird, I really love the iFly and it has become my 737 of choice. In my opinion, it it top notch. I’ll definitely buy the expansion pack once available. As I’ve said before, I am a complete sucker for a pretty, new 737.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

So if I'm iFly I wouldn't want people to not by my plane because they can't use their hardware.  

Might be a little bit of wishful thinking, I'm afraid.
I asked iFly about compatibility with Virtual Avionics panels (MCP/EFIS) and got a reply:
'you'll need to check with them about compatibility'.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Might be a little bit of wishful thinking, I'm afraid.
I asked iFly about compatibility with Virtual Avionics panels (MCP/EFIS) and got a reply:
'you'll need to check with them about compatibility'.

yeah I figured as much.  I'm just not in a hurry to buy a duplicate of something that I already have.  I don't see the value or reasons to have it.  Not being able to use my hardware is another strike against.  No disrespect to the developer intended of course. 

• Upvote 1

Good news (and the liveries as well). I wouldn't expect a -200 from iFly, but a -300 would be an auto-purchase.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, PilotPete99 said:

Having both the PMDG NGXu and the new iFly bird, I really love the iFly and it has become my 737 of choice.

It's definitely on my list but with iFly's commitment to P3D let's go a notch higher and call it the "new" 737 standard for P3D.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I was really thinking of getting the PMDG 737 but I think, I will go with iFly. 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

3 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

I was really thinking of getting the PMDG 737 but I think, I will go with iFly. 😍

You will not be disappointed. Now we just need to keep begging Steve to pump out more of his fabulous repaints. I’m hoping now for an ANA livery.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

It's definitely on my list but with iFly's commitment to P3D let's go a notch higher and call it the "new" 737 standard for P3D.

I have to ask now, did I miss something? PMDG did say work on P3D had been halted temporarily in the last update and now from the current update it seems work on P3D updates has continued (LNAV/FD). Where is the idea coming from that PMDG dropped P3D? I mean, iFly only now brought their 737 to P3D v5 while PMDG had all their planes in P3D already and are working on some updates still as well. What else should they be doing? Another poster already made it look like developing the 737 for MSFS was a bad thing, for some reason, but with their planes in P3D already and - apparently - still about to be updated, where's the harm? I'm speaking as someone who badly wants the LNAV/FD updates for P3D by the way.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

I have to ask now, did I miss something? PMDG did say work on P3D had been halted temporarily in the last update and now from the current update it seems work on P3D updates has continued (LNAV/FD). Where is the idea coming from that PMDG dropped P3D?

For me it's the lack of even a vague roadmap for P3D.  Yet he has given a much clearer MSFS map.  This could be a good opportunity for iFly. 

• Like 1

Dee See Six

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Where is the idea coming from that PMDG dropped P3D?

DC-6 to v5?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, micstatic said:

For me it's the lack of even a vague roadmap for P3D.  Yet he has given a much clearer MSFS map.  This could be a good opportunity for iFly. 

I hear you but to be fair, I'm not sure there is much to add to a P3D roadmap at the moment. MSFS is kind of obvious: bring all the aircraft into it. For P3D there are the product updates and the 777 VC update for when the 777 has been done for MSFS. Other than that, they haven't announced anything else. The 757 wasn't an official announcement yet so no surprise there hasn't anything been said on that one. Although PMDG did say that one would likely be dual platform, which I would interpret as MSFS/P3D.

I realize this has gone off topic btw, sorry about that.

@Tim_Capps The DC-6, fair enough.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD