Sign in to follow this  
adaniel

VoxATC and AIG AIM+ some more.

I have used VoxATC and AIG AIM together for a long time, without seeing any problems. I am very happy with both programs. I have now upgraded to P3d v5.3HF1, and on my last flights I have seen double aircrafts parked at the gates. The AI traffic in P3d is turned off. If I turn off AIG TC then there is no double  parking any more, but much of the other AI traffic also disappear. I have the AI traffic on 50% both in VoxATC and AIGAIM. Is it a way I can avoid double parking without redusing the AI traffic?
My last two flights has been from LHBP to LWSK. Both airports are addon airports. The Atc is very good from take off to I cross the border between Serbia/Kosovo and North Macedonia on my decend. Then I get a Fatal Error in Vox ATC and it stops working. I try to restart it but it will  not communicate with me, but I can listen to other ATC traffic on the same frequenses. I am flying PMDG 737, and I have a flightplan for an ILS landing at rwy 34 with an assigned STAR. Can anyone help me to avoid this?

Tor Arild Danielsen

3 hours ago, adaniel said:

I have now upgraded to P3d v5.3HF1

Tor

A first question ..... is it an upgrade from P3D4x or an update of P3D5x. The former requires a different version of Vox743.

I hope others can help with your questions about using AIG AIM & TC (I use AIFP). I suspect TC should be off (or not used at all) when indexing Vox & using it (VATC compiles its own traffic engine from bgl's only & would not consider TC).

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, adaniel said:

Then I get a Fatal Error in Vox ATC

Tor

Do you have a Vox "err.log" that can show what the FE may have been ?

for now, cheers

john martin

I have an err log, but I dont know how to include it into my reply. I tried to " insert image from URL" but no success.☹️

On 1/13/2022 at 12:06 PM, adaniel said:

VOXATC only uses flight plans in BGL format. If you inject traffic with AIGTC, VOXATC will not communicate with those AI aircraft. If you use AIGFM you need for it  to install BGL flight plans and not AIGFP flightplans.

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If you inject traffic with AIGTC

Jay

I'm curious ....... does AIGTC spawn AI irrespective of the sim's AI slider & would be additional to VATC's spawn, but that AIGTC spawn is not "controlled / communicated with" by VATC, hence double aircraft ???

for now, cheers

john martin

You might to ask Kai from AIG. VOXATC doesn't read AIGFP format flightplans unless the author of VOXATC snuck in that option without telling anybody. By the same token AIGTC can only inject flights from AIGFP format flightplans. 

The "easiest" way to get duplicate AI aircraft in P3d5 is to use VOXATC and not set the P3d5 AI sliders to 0. Both the sim and VOXATC will inject AI aircraft from any flightplan BGL files found in the sim's scenery library.

I am confused. As I understand, Vox ATC reads only .bgl AI flightplan files. Does it read the .bgl files that are in the AIGAIM OCI "Traffic files" folder, or  must the files be in the Scenery/world/Scenery folder? In the Scenery/World/Scenery folder, the "trafficAircraft.bgl file is set to off, and the "traffic Aircraft.bgl.aig " file is the active file.  From where does VoxATC create its AI traffic? 

9 hours ago, adaniel said:

Does it read the .bgl files that are in the AIGAIM OCI "Traffic files" folder

Indeed it does (and along with other *bgl's in similar addon.xml folders plus those in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder) ...... one can have a collective mix of folders/files from the likes of AIM, AIFP etc.

They are read by the indexer to compile various *.dat's in one's \AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4 folder for subsequent use by VATC when initialised ...... add/change a traffic file thus requires a reindex.

PS ... did you see anything to explain the FE in the err.log.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

This is the last error report: (I dont understand much🤪)

Log Start 01/14/2022 15:08:04

$$$$ Thread time overun : 
   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ThreadCheck.Sleep(Int32 milliSecs)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.ProcessSimconMessages()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
User data update stalled at 74525953
User data update unstalled at 75301812

@adaniel

It is difficult to see why the FE from your "extract", though "User data update stalled at 74525953" is worth a thought. Generally, the log records the actual expression for the FE. Add the full file to a cloud link if you wish.

That aside, whilst you reboot Vox "on the run", you may cross to another sector & hence you / your copilot need to check the UI for any frequency update ....... you may only be hearing AI on a nearby / original frequency.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:06 AM, adaniel said:

I have a flightplan for an ILS landing at rwy 34 with an assigned STAR

"Flying" a B737, you should not include arrival / approach (nor SID) in you filed plan ...... that's for VATC to assign (plan should only be the enroute TOC to TOD you might say.

for now, cheers

john martin

I think you taught me earlier that I should not assign STAR and Rwy in my filed flightplan, and I have had many sucessful and more realistic flights after I stopped doing that. The reason I did it this time was that I was not given a STAR and landing RWY before the Vox ATC fatal error on the former flight to LWSK. I have had secsessful flights to other airports afterwards, so I think it must be  some nav or scenery fault that caused  the FE.

Edited by adaniel
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 1:18 AM, adaniel said:

I think it must be  some nav or scenery fault

Most times it is ....... try ADE's fault finder to see if there are any "glitches" in the afcad.

for now, cheers

john martin

Today I planned a flight from HAAB Addis Abeba to HTDA Dar es Salam. When I move to HAAB, I see 4-6 Ethiopian aircrafts at the airport using AIG TC. I turn it off and the aircrafts disappear. Then I start VoxATC, and AI aircrafts show up again. But this time it is only15-20 aircrafts from Kenyan airways, and no Ethiopien. This can not be realistic. Can anyone explain it?
Tor Arild